1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Honey Bair 405 loader questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Ok, I just got back from a garage sale and picked up a couple of DL-105's and a Honey Bair 405 loader.

This 405 is nearly complete, but is missing the powder and shot bottles/tubes and the primer tube (at least I think that it used to have a primer tube).

Does this use the same powder and shot tubes as a 366? If so, then how do they attach (or is it a friction fit)?

The priming station looks as if a 366 tube and filler will work and it's actuated by moving of the powder/shot bar.

Any help getting this loader complete would be greatly appreciated. It looks to be well made and is in very good condition.

Thanks,

ss

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Some Hornady 366 parts will fit. Bair as taken over by Pacific and then later on by Hornady. HMB

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Come on guys, don't let me down now. I still looking for some answers.

ss

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Up one time.

ss

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The tubes for a Bair have an ofset plastic base that is a friction fit.. holding a shorter...larger diameter tube than the Pacific/Hornady tubes... The powder and shot bushings are the same.. I can't help you with the primer assembly..as the one I have is missing the auto feed.. It's strictly put one in by hand.. Hope this helps..

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Thanks PBB.

I'll order some clear tubing w/ caps and use a little clear RTV for good measure.

I can't find a picture anywhere of the primer drop. I guess I'll run into one some day.

This loader seems to be very well built.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

honey bair 405