1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest review/opinions of Geurini Unsingle Combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Just looking for reviews of the Geurini unsingle combos...considering one seriously and looking for observations and opinions including likes/dislikes especially from shooters who have a lot of rounds under their belt with one..and any experiences with factory customer service etc.

2. Doughboy

Doughboy Member

CalvinMD,
    In my opinion it improved my shooting 5 birds...aging 23's now. I am very happy with mine. Unsingle is obviously lighter than my O/U so I'm still getting used to the speed in movement. As far as the manufacturer, awesome. This mfg is definitely not going to fade away. Their reps & gunsmiths go above and beyond. I'm looking for another one for my backup. Very satisfied is all I can say!

Good luck,
    Kurt

3. Dukefan

Dukefan K-80 Trap Special TS Supporters

I am new to trapshooting, so I do not have a lot of experience with trap guns. Bought a new Caesar Guerini Maxum Combo two months ago. I am very impressed with this gun. I will say I am not use to shooting the high rib of the unsingle barrel. I shoot the O/U barrel better right now. Just got my first 25 patch (I know its not a big deal for most, but it is an accomplishment for this old, off eye, one eye shooter)ended the day with a 49 out of 50. I am trying to set the adjustable rib on the unsingle to shoot the same as the lower barrel of the O/U.

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I feel it's one of the best values on the scene, I choose to shoot mine over the other top names, and not because of the price.

5. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I like mine. Nice shooting Dukefan

6. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

While I don't shoot a combo, I do shoot a CG Challenger Trap and I really like it. I have about 3000 rounds through mine and couldn't be happier with it. Save yourself some $ and buy a nice used one. I saved about $2k on mine and it was barely used. Plus CG honored the pit road program for me as the second owner. They didn't offer 3 services but offered my first for free. Figure I will send it in next year after I have about 6K through it. If you are local to SEPA, you are welcome to shoot mine for a round or two.

7. CalvinMD

THanks CC...I will probably get to shoot the one I may be purchasing next Thursday,..but will be at West Chester GC on Friday and if you're going to be there also by chance,..by all means lets at least introduce ourselves in person!!

8. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Calvin,

I am also a "new" member of the CG family. As stated above, figuring out the swing (I shot an XT combo)is a challenge and will make me a more disciplined shooter. I fought it for the first several weeks. This past weekend I shot my first registered with it.

Swung right past 2 in the first 2 posts. I didn't let frustration set in and really put my mind to the fact that I had to be smooth to the shot. Results paid off.
    23-25-25-25.

I've only shot one round of doubles with it and it seems to feel a lot like my XT but with a smoother swing to the 2nd bird. Broke a 48 there, but that could have been mostly luck and not expecting too much.

Dislikes? Hmmmmmm. Hard to put a finger on it yet. Still on our honeymoon.
    This is not a dislike, but just an FYI, the factory chokes are tighter than I was used to (Brileys). I haven't mic'd them yet to actually see what the difference is.

My best advice to you is make the patterning board your best friend when it comes in. Resist the urge to just go the line. I spent several mediocre rounds at the line wasting time and money before I commited to really setting up the gun.

As Chrome stated, I also bought mine mildly used and CG also offered me one free Pit Stop even though their website states its for first owners only.

Lastly, if you're looking for a buy-it/don't-buy-it opinion. All I can say is:

I can't imagine you being disappointed with one. Good luck and Good Scores!!!

(Also, If you're in Colorado, you are welcome to shoot mine, although it is a lefty.)

Gene

9. Pre-64

Pre-64 Banned User Banned

Purchased my Guerni in early October, a Summit Impact Sporting model. It the sweetest swinging gun I've used in years. Absolutely "impacted" my scores. The best part though was the Customer Service Dept. . I'd read good things but called for a few answers on stock fit and chokes. Personal - immediate return call from Andrew W. (Guerini gunsmith) and questions answered and recommendations made THAT DAY! Great people to work with.
    Pre-64

10. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

I have 3 Guerinis.
    I love my Maxum Trap unsingle. I had hoped to use the O/U barrels for skeet and 5-stand. Not so. POI won't go low enough for me. So, I sold the O/U barrels and bought a
    Challenger Impact. Great gun for doubles, 2 shot wobble, and sporting clays.
    Recently acquired a Summit Sporting with Kolar Tubes. Great Skeet gun.

There are at least 30,000 rounds through my unsingle. Someone above said about a pit stop at 6K. Hah.. save your pit stop for much later.

Great guns, great service.

My Berettas, Browning and Zoli just sit in the safe and are jealous of all the love the Guerinis get.

11. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Have a MAGNUS combo. About 10K shells thru it and like it much. Softest shooting gun I ever had.

12. CalvinMD

Just curious what you've found the POI to be for you with the comb down and the rib in the lowest position..I'm hoping for say 80/20

13. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

I'm at work right now so I can't look, but the manual states something about that. And if I remember correctly, I believe that is what it exactly says.

I did not test it since I wanted 100% anyway.

14. CalvinMD

Its just that I have a short neck so the lowset comb position feels perfect..but the current owner must like it shooting flat as he has the rib adjusted all the way up(unsingle) and it shows a lot of space between the beads ..but If thats the case as you say then it sounds like with the rib all the way down in front and the comb raised very slightly I should be able to get the figure 8 site pic I like with my preferred POI of 90-95%

15. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I used to have one and it was good. The only reason I sold it was it bumped me in the face. CG customer service is as good as it gets. Truly a fine bunch. If you ever have a problem it quickly turns into there problem and that is what it is all about when you spend that kind of money. Where I am from they never took off. Budget gun it's Browning and from there most shoot a K,P,K gun.

16. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 3 Guerini's and my Trap Summit combo is now 4 years old. Zero problems and 30,000 + rounds.
    Can you spend more money on a trap gun? Yes but you will not fine a better gun for the money spent on a Guerini.

17. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

One of the best, you cannot go wrong with one.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Calvin,
    I've had my CG Maxum Unsingle Combo now for 3 1/2 years.
    Was shooting a Browning BT99 Golden Clays prior to that.
    My scores picked up right away. I'm a small guy and I put on a
    3/8" Gooey Pad and thats it. Very soft shooting. First thing I did was
    to put it on the pattern board and got both the Unsingle and OU shooting
    at the same POI. I have mine at 80/20.
    Had a problem early in it's life. It refused to fire. Talked to CG and sent it back. They were great--paid shipping back to me and explained how to adjust
    the trigger set screw which you can see when you turn it upside down. They also went through the whole gun.
    If I had to do it over again, I'd make the same decision. I did test drive a P gun MX2000RS just before I bought the CG. The P didn't fit me quite as well and when I shot the CG went 24 straight on it's test drive.
    You'll also find their chokes some of the best out there. Pattern board will show this. Very even patterns and a density as marked.
    Right now all I use because of Big Leo, is my Light Full. If I go back to the 26 or 27 then I'll put in my Full.
    In closing, I am completely satisfied with my combo.
    Mike C.
    Groveland, CA

19. CalvinMD

Thanks guys,..am looking forward to shooting the one I may be getting (a Maxum),..so stay tuned,..you may see a few extremely nice Brownings going up for sale to finance this new adventure

20. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Get one, you won't be disappointed, service is second to none, great looking,handling I've got a summit un trap, zero problems, Great value for the money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ceasar guerini maxum unsingle reviews

challenger trap unsingle

trap unsingle reviews