1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HONEST LJUTIC QUESTION FOR P&K SHOOTERS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Westie, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

If Ljutics are built so well, as described here numerous times, why don't they hold their value? I have never shot one but have handled some and they seem like quality shotguns. I know P&K guns do hold their value but why not Ljutics?

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The LJutic is a nice trap gun but not for everyone . Indiana Gun Club has about twenty or more used ones and some have been there for a long time . LJutic,s new guns have gotten way over price,t ($11,000 Pro 3). The older LJutic guns had very poor wood but were made to shoot not look at ? Now if I buy a new gun it must look good as well as shoot good . To answer your question most used LJutic guns (four or five years old ) did,t cost that much new . A new Mono cost less then $4,600 five years ago the same gun is now over $6,500 . If you can shoot one a used LJutic is a bargain .

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

IMHO Ljutics aren't any more overpriced than the Kolars, Silver Seitz's, Bowens, Alfermans, K and P guns, etc....and they are all overpriced in this day of computer assisted design and manufacturing....but shooters want the newest most up-to-date stuff and nice wood so the market serves thier needs.

4. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

Westie:
    Factory prices are: a new PRO 3, base price is $8995 for blue and $9495 for Stainless Steel. Only by adding extras like AAA wood, fancy checkering, and removable hinge pins can they cost more.
    A new Mono is $6995 and you can get an Adjustable Rib Mono with wood upgrade, adj comb and adj butt plate for $8995
    Really old Mono guns built in the 70's - 80's still sell for around $2000.
    Newer models built from 2000 and later are holding a better value.
    What I have seen is that customers want to save $2000 to $4000 less than what a new gun costs or they won't buy. The buyer makes the market used prices, not the value and reliability of the gun. There are many shooters willing to pay up to $2000 for a Browing or Beretta, but the number of shooters willing to pay $2000 to $4000 is smaller and the group willing to pay over $4000 is very small. This also affects market value. That is why you see late model Mono guns that cost $7000 selling for $4000.
    You can call me at 801-392-1747 after 5:00 PM and I can tell you about 2 used Mono guns I have and will also price you out a deal on a new one.
    John in Utah

5. bgf

bgf Active Member

I personally don't think anyone can put a finger on Ljutic's resale value. They are built like a tank and made in the USA. I have had 3 Ljutics...2 X73s and my latest a Dynakic Supreme. It is the best gun I have ever shot straight out of the box.

I think John comes close...but no cigar. These guns and their customer service is next to none...and I mean none.

I cannot figure it out...but Ljutics are a buyer's dream machine.

Bernie

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Al has always said that when he's gone all these guns will be collector's items. Like his guns, looks like Al's going to outlive all of us.

7. pdq

pdq Member

As a Ljutic owner, I don't know that I agree with your statement that they don't hold their value. And, I'm not saying this because I'm blindly "brand loyal" as I also own other high end trap guns by other makers.

Of course, just like a brand new car or anything else, re-sale value drops immediately after initial purchase, but after that I think they hold their value well if cared for properly, and represent good value in the used market.

The question is, are you buying a gun with the intent to sell it shortly afterwards, or are you looking for a gun that you can put a half million rounds thru without a hitch? Take a look at the simplicity of the design and how massively built they are, and you'll understand their reputation for longevity.

If I were looking to buy a used one, I'd be concerned on how it had been owned, i.e. was it cleaned & lubed after each use, handled carefully, is the action still smooth and tight, etc. etc., etc., etc. With proper care, these guns will last your lifetime and 1 or 2 others also.

Just one guy's opinion.

Pete

8. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

1 - There's a ton of them out there.

2 - Frankly, there's nothing special about them. They're old, heavy, bulky guns that don't offer anything more than an $800 BT99 or a good used $2000 TM-1. When your closest 'like' competition is 1/4 the price, it drags down the resale of yours.

3 - Some Ljutics are just uncomfortable to hold. Who came up with the square boxy forend idea?

9. ljutic73

and then there are those of us who, when we picked up our first Ljutic, just knew ot was perfect....and my opinion hasn't changed in the 24 years I've owned mine.....and BT-99's are too light and Perazzi's are well....Perazzi's!

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Aw, c'mon Ljutic 73...I was going to say you can do better than that for a reason not to like a P gun.

But what the hell...that's why they make strawberry AND chocolate ice cream. You don't have to like them. You don't even have to have a reason....

11. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Light? Thats interesting. My TMX Special weighs 8 1/2 lbs. That's not light, but no recoil and balanced beautifully. That said, I'm still kind off looking for a Ljutic. The lever to break it open kind of puts me off. Richard

12. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Bottom line...they are not made as well, not marketed as well, do not look as nice and start to rust when the sun comes up. I drive K guns for those reasons.

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

CharlesR1100: Your full of crap.

14. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I believe that every brand of hi-end target shotguns depreciate big time that first year. Is it worse with a Ljutic? I don't think anyone has presented evidence here. A brand new Seitz will set you back a bit of money - a used one is well under 10 grand. Mach one is a well built gun - used ones go for lots less. Another thing to consider is how much the price of new guns has gone up. This also influences the price of a used one. It could be that the entire brand is currently over-priced. forget the brand - no need to lose money on any of these guns. Buy a nice used one. No need to pick on a brand, the same stories are also applicable to all of the high end guns.

15. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Why do i like a ljutic? They are an all american gun built by an all american company. They are well built and they will be a part of ata and trapshooting history forever. The ljutic gun will be in the hall of fame and has put many people into the hall of fame. The Silver Seitz now is what the Ljutiz was years ago. The silver seitz is just pretter The Ljutic is the foundation to all single barrel trap guns built today. That's why i own one and proud of it. Even if i don't shoot the Ljutic it brings back memories when Ljutic ruled the trap fields. Earl Fairman

16. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Ljutic resale is down only because of the huge mark up dealers enjoy, why should a dealer take a used Ljutic in trade for more than he has to pay for a new one? They are great guns. Built like a tank and dependable. If you got to buy a Ljutic buy a used one, or you'll lose a couple thousand. Been there

17. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

one of my friends won the grand american handicap with a ljutic. it will be done again.

18. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Because they are built like tank, and are bulky and heavy, is the reason people don't lke them, why 70% of the better shooters wouldn't even consider one, and why the resale value drops like a rock. The number of possible buyers for them is rather limited! That does NOT mean it is a bad gun! 10 years ago when you could get one for $3900, the price didn't seem that bad and they couldn't sell that many of them anyhow. But, at 8 or 9 or 10K, you have got to be kidding!!!!!

19. ljutic73

I like the bulky, I like the heavy...I'm a big guy and like to shoot a big gun...mine could even stand to gain a few ounces...as as to not being well made...well that's just dumb...Charles, your opinion is relelvant!

20. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i just purchased a ljutic mono gun 2 barrel set with upgraded wood engaving with gold inlays & i consider it to be one of the nicest looking guns i have ever seen. it is one of the 1st 150 guns ljutic ever built.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ljutic all american
ljutic dynakic supreme

ljutic dynakic supreme shotgun

ljutic sn 1146
lujitic resale on trap guns