1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest cops save historic gun at buy-back

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad they caught it for her and were honest enough to tell her

3. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

A few years ago, a friend who works for the State Police, was in charge of illegal gaming devices, and confiscated firearms.

He told me he received a call from a recently widowed lady, and she wanted him to come to her house to "remove" some unwanted firearms.

When he arrived, she was very upset over these guns being in her home, and said she found them in a hall closet after her husband passed. She was upset because she thought he had disposed of them several years sooner, when she found them back then, and insisted he get them "out of her sight"

The officer inventoried these guns, and tried to reason with her, as he would have to have them destroyed. He suggested she advertise them for sale, as some were classic old guns, and worth several thousand dollars!

She refused, and insisted he remove them at once, and did not care what happened to them.

He loaded all of them in his trunk, and when the time came, witnessed them cut in half, then sent to a large furnace and melted.

He never would say what they were, but being a collector, and a very honest man, he did as she wanted, but he said it was hard!

4. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

There a little off on the value of that weapon. You can buy legal or"papered" MP44s for either side of $15 grand. There value of $30.000.00 is way high. One of the first legal machine guns I bought many years ago was a MP44. Although the gun was fun to shoot making the ammo wasn't. Mp44s use a short round. I would make my MP44 ammo from 8 mm brass that I shot through my German MG34 belt fed. About 8 hours to make 100 rounds. Wish I had both those guns back.

The lucky part of this buy back is a family member must of registered the gun before 1968.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Gun buy backs should be Banned!! Who is to say that in their destroying the ones turned in, that they, the Police, aren't destroying possible "evidence of a crime" needed in apprehending a killer or bank robbers???

I don't think they take them all out and test fire and check against their data base on recovered bullets from crime scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.