1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Honduras, U.S. position why?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Guard Rail, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

Why is the Obama administration backing the return to power of Zalaya. He is a leftist and buddy with Hugo Chavez. The people in Honduras do not want him. His only supporters are Obama, Hilary, and Hugo. I thought we tried to stop Communism in Central America, not promote it. They should stay out of it, and leave him in exile.

BK

2. brigade

brigade TS Member

Birds of the same feather flock together.

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Because Obammie is a commie.

4. howie

howie Member

I dare say the Bush administration would have adopted the same position. This guy was a jerk, tried an failed to subvert the Honduran constitution, but he was democratically elected and was still in His elected term. But the military made him a martyr by over throwing him. The administration had little choice but to support his restoration to power. He was not popular with a majority of the people of Honduras and would not have been reelected, but the military blew it.

5. 6878mm

6878mm Member

look@ some of the arseholes you yanks have supported over the years, Pinochet being one, couple of others in central america, and so on
    not a good track record

6. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

So exactly what nationality is the arrogant twerp 6878mm- the liberal nationality?

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Nobama doesn't want a precedent set where the people of the USA just might do the same thing!

8. brigade

brigade TS Member

zelaya was democratically elected, he chose not to follow their constitution and then he was democratically removed. We should follow by their example. Ed

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I worked down in Honduras about 5 years ago .... scarey is an understatement. The machette is the common side arm but just about everyone with money packs and has a couple body guards. Very violent place, wouldn't want to go there today.

The US needs to stay out of this one for sure.

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"He was not popular with a majority of the people of Honduras and would not have been reelected, but the military blew it."

I doubt if it's that simple. Chavez was voted out of office years ago but hasn't left yet. And Lord Soetoro has been down there kissing his ring, how cozy.

Also, supporting "arseholes" would always make more sense than supporting communists, unless you were one.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It's all going left down there, China is pouring money in there like waterfalls, and I'm sure they will have a bigger presence in the future.

The conflict of the future may well be Communism vs Islam.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.