1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Honda Accord

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grunt, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anyone drive this car? What do you think of it.Looked at the 2008 models pretty nice.

2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I don't have a 2008 but we've had a total of 9 Honda's in our family including Son's Daughter's daughter in law's etc.. I highly recommend them I usually get between 180K - 200k with little or know trouble. And for what its worth according to the experts the average Accord or Camry employ more Americans to build than the average Taurus or Impala.

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Traded my Blazer in for an '04 loaded V6 4-dr Accord last October (had really low miles and was certified). Best thing I ever did. Great gas mileage, pleasure to drive, comfortable, relatively maintenance free (I get the oil changed regularly due to my heavy commuting) and mine does everything but dance for me!

I love it - never thought I would own something other than a GM. Mine was made in Canada, I believe. It took me about 2 weeks to get used to being lower than my SUV on the road, but I did and I have no regrets.

4. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Profits? What profits? Last I heard Ford and GM were loosing billions trying to pass off the same bland no-innovation yuck mobiles for the last 20 years. So now they're an American company employing Canadians and Mexicans with loans from Japan. Hmmmmm............

5. mikescaggs

mikescaggs TS Member

Best cars I have ever owned, period

6. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

We test drove new cars late in 2007 and drove the 2008 Accord and the 2008 Camry.

We wanted to buy a new personal vehicle and I was soon going to be up for a new company vehicle and my company lets us have our choice so these were an option.

We were very tempted to go with the Accord even after some very good experiences with older Camry's.

IMHO, the Accord's ride was stiffer, it is a bit of a sretch but it was almost a bit "sportier" in the ride. We felt this may be fun on a test drive but we both do long distance and felt the Camry was slightly better for us for this use.

The Honda salesman also made a fatal error, he PO'd the "Missus"; VERY bad move.

We bought a 2008 Camry LE. By the time my company vehicle (a 2004 Camry) was up for replacement, they had the early 2009 Camry out ("smoke and mirros" IMHO) so I have a 2009 Camry LE.

In both cases, this was the right choice, for us; no buyer's regret. Having said this, the Accord is nice and a very close second.

7. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

My mom and dad have one nice car very fast . They got 26 mpg first tank.I have an 1989 191000 on it we use it just to go shoot.With the great mpg we can shoot more.I don't no about the made in usa .I think my part on my harley are from japan.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

My daily driver is an Accord with the standard powertrain. Getting 30+ highway, which is most of what I drive. The '08 is a little larger, more comparable to the Camry. Camry is smoother, but ever so slightly underpowered...Accord feels a bit more powerful...but, we're splitting Lewinsky hairs here.

Honda and Toyota are waging a year-by-year battle of the Titans each time they bring out a new generation of these cars. The consumer is the winner, because every time they just get better. Take your pick.

After pumping my hard-earned profits into GM vehicles for 20 years (and watching them use those profits to build plants in Mexico, Brazil, and China), I feel the Accord was the right choice for me. As a sidenote, anyone who thinks the Detroit 3's profits are coming back into America, just isn't paying attention.

9. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

got a 08 in march,drove wife& 3 kids to myrtle beach in april(2400 mi round trip),very comfy& easy on the wallet.the car is my first non american,and im kicking myself for not changing sooner.mark

10. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Posted in a magazine a few weeks ago. Average Asian company makes $1,800 per vehicle. Toyota makes $900 per vehicle. Ford loses $1,400 per vehicle.

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

The new Honda Accord id better the the past years. It still has a firm ride and sets low when getting in and out. The Toyota Camry has a smoother ride and is easyer to get in and out. Also the Camry is much quiter on long rides and the radio is better. Both cars will not let you down. I would get the one you would like the best. My choice would be a Toyota Camry. The smoother ride and quiet ride with a radio to match wins.
    This is from test ride and driving cars for a living. I work for Toyota.

12. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

We just bought an '05 Accord with 24K mi... The first three tanks on the freeway... 33,33,34.... probably about 28 or so running around home. Wanted the 4 cyl for the mileage... I think it was a good investment. Actually this car can move for a 4 cyl too...

LWL

13. cls

cls Member

Sunday December 7 1941

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

(See the bubbles of oil from the U.S.S. Chrysler, floating to the surface?)

15. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Switchblade..

Dude... We are a little farther removed from Dec 7th than Sept 11th....

Its either pour gas into my truck and contribute funds to the Middle East... Or send a few bucks to the Japs...

That said... make a comparable product in a US brand, and the money would stay here....

LWL

16. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Having been in the automotive repair business for a long time, let me repeat here what I've said for years. If you want an auto that is going to deliver years and miles of trouble free driving buy either a Toyota or Honda product. In my humble opinion, the Japanesse don't have a creative bone in their bodies;that said they do a fantastic job of building a copy and doing it fare better than the original. To coin a phrase"the quality goes in before the name goes on"

17. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I recently purchased a Honda Civic and couldn't be happier. On
    a recent trip to Chicago I averaged 39.7 miles per gallon. This
    was interstate driving at 72 mph. I could not find one item to
    complain about. Everything worked on the car. In addition, I get
    free oil changes for the life of the car. This not the hybred version.
    Great car.

18. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Do yourself a favor and take a look at the 08 Chevy Malibu. I love mine.

19. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

I saw a Malibu drive by the other day and looked at it quickly. Wasn't much to look at.

20. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

the invasion from mexico is on going and the big three all have stuff coming from there. camry is a great car made in the u.s. my neighbor is a uaw member who would never buy a japanese car but he mows his grass with a honda mower and he works for john deere. go figure.jackmitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.