1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade truck organizer for car?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Looking for plans to make a built in truck organizer for my soon to be received new (to me) car. I'd like to build something that'll allow me to organize my shells, range bag, shell pouch, ect and keep them from sliding back and forth in my truck. Any ideas. Would like something similar to a small kitchen cabinet.

2. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>"Looking for plans to make a built in truck organizer for my soon to be received new (to me) car."</blockquote>

Is it gonna be a truck or a car? Have you decided yet?

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

wow,,,lol,,,apparently i can't spell,,,that should be TRUNK

4. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I currently use a series of cardboard boxes, most about 10X15", that hold all my stuff, keep it organized, don't slide around, and can be easily removed. My guns lay flat on top, either assembled (my longest is 53") or broken-down in their cases. My plan has been to do the same in 3/8" plywood, about 6" deep, with cut-outs on each box's sides for lifting out. Maybe a single box in the middle that's 13X18" to hold 2 flats of shells, and one the right size to save space for my pistol-box or rifle-range bag. Every trunk is different in size & shape, so I doubt my layout would fit your trunk. Phil E

5. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

Milk containers ( boxes) work fine and I also have 2 plastic carriers from a super market that are great because they have handles to bring it into the house to re-organize then if needed . Any more than that is too much work .

6. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Yeah, I'd go with the milk crate/plastic tub idea as well. Anything custom built out of plywood or whatever will weigh a lot and you'll have the devil's own time removing it if you need to. I use plastic storage tubs of various sizes behind the rear seat of my van and I'm happy with that. I can put the lids on them if I need to and pile more stuff on top, too.

Mike

7. atashooter

atashooter Member

HO made ???? Imus, is that you?...... hahhahahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.