1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade Trap House

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I am building a 16 yard trap range for personal use on my farm. Anybody know any ideas on what would be good to build a trap house out of, I will be inside loading trap need protection, need your ideas THANKS.... RICKY

2. traploader

traploader Member

blakester,

Just search subject by "trap house" here on this site and you'll get a bunch of good suggestions and tips. You mention you'll be inside the house loading the trap. What type of trap machine do you have?

traploader

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Ricky- Many years ago I routinely and quickly built many temporary trap houses on farms with a few bails of hay and some 3/4 inch plywood. One day turkey shoots (turkeys were alive) were common at that time. Half inch re-bar will hold a trap on bare ground.

Nicer trap houses can be made from concrete blocks or 2X8 pressure treated lumber and some roofing tin as a cover. Light trap loads do not have a lot of penetrating power. Just look at the back of any trap house at your club. All of them have been shot several times.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

homemade trap house