1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade shot for handicap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmOU, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I tried some of my homemade shot for handicap and was not very impressed. My hits were not nearly as good and my scores were a little lower than normal. My shot works great for singles and doubles, but I'm not too sure about using it for handicap. Have any of you had any success with homemade shot for handicap or did you get the same results as me?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Looks like it is time to use some pattern sheets rather than a subjunctive assessment on how well the targets broke.

Pat Ireland

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Here's one photo of a pattern shot at a measured 39 yds. Used a rem 1100 with a hastings trap brl with the full choke tube. Load was 1 1/8 home made shot Approx #8s, 18 grs of promo, AA hull, DR AA wad. I haven't noticed any difference in performance between my shot and commercial shot. However I'm only a 24 yd shooter. There could be difference at longer yardages.

I know 1 pattern don't mean squat, But it's the only one I have a picture of.

Jim

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

4. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

My Opinion: Ajax is right on.
    Jim101, I'd say that bird is DEAD. I have seen no difference in homemade vs. factory. I have also sold more than two tons and know an aweful lot of really good shooters that have no complaints. Again this is only my opinion, its not the shot its the man behind the gun. And Pat I like what you said, I often wonder when people talk about their breaks. My eyes arent that good that I can see it in flight. Pattern Pattern Pattern. Thanks Guys

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

jmbOU, Jim101 makes some nice looking shot and it performs well for him. Mine looks like shiney re-claimed shot, but my first round with it at 27yds was a 25 x 25. I need to pattern it to see what it's really doing, though.

Buz

6. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Thanks, I guess I'll have to pattern a few and shoot a few more rounds with them, maybe I was just having a little bit of an off day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.