1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade Hooch

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shot410ga, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Homemade Hooch. Anyone have any good recipe's for home-made hooch? You know like Moonshine? Very small quanties. like a quart to gallon size.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I used to make it, used to take ground corn and boil it ( about 10-15 lbs of corn in 5 gallons of water, give or take it's been quite a while since I did it) until you could take a drop of the mash water on a white plate and put a drop of iodine in it and it didn't change color, if the iodine turns black you haven't converted all the starch to sugar so you will need to cook it longer

Then strain off the liquid, put it in a fermenter, a 5 gallon bucket with a lid works good, add some yeast, and some more sugar if you want, seal it up and put a fermentation lock in the hole you need to drill in the lid, and let it stand in a warm dark room until the bubbles quit coming out of the fermentation lock, about a week ten days.

The carefully siphon the water out of the fermenter, and leave the dregs in the bottom of the fermenter

I used to use an old pressure cooker that I rigged up a condensor on, and heat it up, you want to keep the heat to about 140-160F

If you really want to make it have some good kick to it triple distill it, it will be almost pure alcohol

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I do it the easy way.......Mr. Beer....they have all kinds of recipes to try.....I prefer the darker beers....They do have Hard Cider if that's a consideration...

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

why make it? You can still buy it

5. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I'd be careful taking any advice from catpower, less you end up just like him, just another burn out.

6. Catpower

221 go back under your rock, you claim to have retired from the military, and don't even know the basics of your VA Benefits

You're phony as hell

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Here's how to make Champipple. All you need is a big funnel and a big stainless steel pot:

Mix 6 oz of Mad DogĀ® grape wine with 6 oz of bottom shelf champagne. Lean your head back, put the funnel in your mouth, and pour in the 12 oz. mixture (the funnel helps get it past your taste buds). Keep the big pot handy for a while in case it wants back out.

Now that's livin'!

-Gary :)

[​IMG]

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

It is illegal to distill without permit. beer and wine , different story.

ATF is not your friend!

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

That's why I gave him my work-around recipe, You Big Dummy!

[​IMG]

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Just a matter of time till the TS wannabe lawyers show up LOL.

11. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

cp, I'd take the time to explain the requirements to you, but you don't have the gray matter to comprehend it, I told you where to look, and you even screwed that up. On the VA subject you showed your true colors.

12. dhip

dhip Active Member

Hey,there's a company that sells private distillers to make alchohol for your car.The ticket is you have to sign a release form that states that's what your using it for.But,Hey,who's ever gonna come to your house and check up on you? It comes with instructions too,I believe they are located in N.C.Bet it makes a good hooch if loaded correctly.

Doug H.

13. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

On the tee vee show, the Moonshiners, they warn about getting poisoned.I wouldn't mess with it.

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

What Catpower is describing will work and I can tell he really did it. My Sr. year project at the university was a project that involved producing Ethanol from alf-alfa on a moderate scale. Extracting the starch from the hay was the tricky part and a lot of time it needed additional sugar to actually make a decent mash. The still we ended up with had an eight stage reflux condenser and we were able to get 94% Ethanol out of it (188 proof). Strictly testwork so I can't say how it tasted - probably OKAY if you were to mix it with Hi C fruit punch .....

Home distillation is legal and requires no permit if the quantities are under 25 gallon per year and you don't sell the stuff. Just like home brewing beer. If you really want to get into this as a hobby the information and equipment is only a google away.

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Kind of a hobby. I've tried wine and beer. I may not waste my time.

16. Catpower

I used to brew beer, still kind of do but the brews I was making was real high cal, and it was really putting on the weight, I built a roller mill to crush the malted barley, had a mini brewery set up, I could brew 10 gallons in about 2-3 hours, it was fun and something to do to kill time, and if you use domestic malt, you could brew it for about$1.50 per gallon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

homemade hooch ingredients