1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Home use trap machine

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by midalake, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

OK for all you home gamers, what type of trap machine do you have? I would be looking for a machine that would throw good singles and doubles. I can not afford a Pat Trap. Are there any others that fit the bill? I do not have 110 on the site either.

GS

2. hockeyref

hockeyref Member

I have the Champion EasyBird. Used it once so far and after a little tweaking it will throw a 50 yard target for me. I'll use it to practice specific target presentation for now as I don't have an oscillation or a wobble kit for it. I just could not afford it when I bought the unit, I may make my own at some point. Runs off of a 12V deep cell battery. I'll need to buy a charger for the battery pretty soon and while it is sort of portable when I take the thrower off of the base, it is a PITA even though it's only 4 bolts because it's awkward to transport.

3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Gamaliels has a sale + free shipping on their traps going on now. It may be worth a call to them. They sell Champion and Do-All, and the folks who have Champions are mostly satisfied, if previous 'home trap' threads here are credited.

I shoot some cow-pasture clays over various Atlas traps, and they are good-to-good+, but I'm not sure if they have an 'ATA Machine' out-of-the-box. atlastraps.com is their site.

Bob

4. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Get yourself an Atlas trap. They are bullet proof and throw good targets. The single stack is cheaper.I have a 250 I've had for about 3 or 4 years. It has thrown thousands of targets without a hitch. I have it on an 8 trap 5 stand field hooked to a long range wireless set up. I have several autosporter machines, which are the Cadillac, but the 250 just keeps on throwing. It's light and easy to move, throws 100 yards or so and is pretty sturdy.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Promatic.

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Do any of these machines throw doubles as well??

GS

7. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Get with Ian at Western Retro! Modify the bullet proof 1524 Western trap machine for singles or doubles. Very well made add-on equipment and support. Run on converter system for cow pasture fun! I have both of the set-ups and am very happy. Mike

8. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I have an Atlas AT-250 that needs a bit of work where are you. No Doubles,12 volt with ATA Base.

9. traploader

traploader Member

GS,

Here's our modified Western Retro traps that will throw automatic singles and doubles. Comes standard with horizontal oscillation as per ATA rules. This machine shown has the wobble feature added. Cart has room for an inverter and 12 volt battery for portable power.

Ian Brotherston Western Retro Products Ltd. Tel: 250-216-8937

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. XT George II

XT George II TS Member

GS
    Go with the ATLAS they are the best. They are made in the USA and they last forever.

I have one that out preforms another machine that cost twice what the atlas cost.

When you call them you are talking to the people who make them.

Enjoy your sport: George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

12 volt portable trap machines for sale

home trap machine

portable trap machines for sale canada

portable trap shooters for sale

portable trap shooting machines home use

setting western trap machine for ata doubles

throwing doubles on a western 1524

trap machine