1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

home throwers, opinion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by orange gun, Aug 26, 2013.

1. orange gun

orange gun TS Member

looking for opinions on a machine for throwing clays at home, not too expensive, just for fun. what do you have and how do you like it?

2. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

We had one of those at the club. Someone eventually got hurt using it , tearing tendons and laceration, breaking fingers.

3. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I have a do-all. I like it and it was cheap really for what you get. I doubt it would hold up to a serious amount of shooting but for home use a good purchase IMO.

4. zimmie

zimmie Active Member

Get a atlas trap you wont regret it. Zimmie

5. Billetproof

Billetproof Active Member

Are you talking manual or electric? For a manual trap on a budget, this is a good one;

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=All-Pro-Double-3/4-Cock-Trap&i=400551&r=view&aID=513F4&cID=GSHOPPNG_400551

If you want to spend some money, these are the best;

http://www.retrieversportingclays.com/other_traps.html

It's nice to throw 2 or 3 birds with one thrower.

If you want an electric on a budget, these are real nice;

http://www.kevinscatalog.com/Atlas-Trap-AT250-Electronic-Trap-Thrower/productinfo/44-0250/

If you want to spend some money, I really like these;

http://www.retrieversportingclays.com/traps.html

6. PowerMT

PowerMT TS Member

If your looking for a real good trap with an ATA base, Promatic Merlin is great for training. Also can get foot switch release for shooting alone. Visit Promatic.biz or contact me and I can get you more information, pricing Ect.

Sean Power,

powermt_2011_0301.jpg

powermt_2011_0301.jpg

7. LTB45

LTB45 Member

Trius-One-Step-Trap! Got one for Christmas a few years ago.
    Excellent for throwing clays in a field.
    Worth every penny.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Trius-One-Step-Trap/706695.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DTrius%26x%3D14%26y%3D8%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=Trius&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products
    s7_221110_999_02?rgn=0,0,2000,1502&scl=6.827272727272727&fmt=jpeg&id=3PPdFZiVfEc7U6D1lYV6Wx

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Another vote for an Atlas, we have thrown thousands of targets without a glitch

Well I will take that back we did have one glitch, but it wasn't the throwers fault, I use a battery charger to power it and one time it was on boost instead of the 40 amp setting guess on boost it puts out more than 12 votes, the thrower got a mind of it's own but worked perfectly when set on a lower setting

9. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Here is one. My Father in Law and I put together. I have no idea what the brand of the actual thrower is but we put a harrow disc on the base 2 poles greased up so that you can spin the thrower so you are not throwing at the same spot everytime, then mounted the thrower to a round plate on the top. It is really nice knowing that you are not always bending over to reload the arm, throwing in the same direction, and you can even change the angle of the thrower so you can get some really high birds or low ones.

Anyone have an idea of the brand of thrower. It is at least 25 years old.
    kgp912kgp_2011_290842.jpg

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Another vote for an Atlas, we have thrown thousands of targets without a glitch

Well I will take that back we did have one glitch, but it wasn't the throwers fault, I use a battery charger to power it and one time it was on boost instead of the 40 amp setting guess on boost it puts out more than 12 votes, the thrower got a mind of it's own but worked perfectly when set on a lower setting

11. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Here is one. My Father in Law and I put together. I have no idea what the brand of the actual thrower is but we put a harrow disc on the base 2 poles greased up so that you can spin the thrower so you are not throwing at the same spot everytime, then mounted the thrower to a round plate on the top. It is really nice knowing that you are not always bending over to reload the arm, throwing in the same direction, and you can even change the angle of the thrower so you can get some really high birds or low ones.

Anyone have an idea of the brand of thrower. It is at least 25 years old.
    kgp912kgp_2011_290842.jpg

12. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I have a promatic super hawk with a wireless voice release. Can't remember total cost but I've used it for several years without problems. Great practice if you have the space to use it.

13. perezal

perezal Member

I got the Do All Backyard 3/4 cock and it is awesome. It is a sit down model. I got it at Academy Sports. Print out the add from the online walmart and take it to academy. Walmart sells it for $119 and academy for $160, but if you take a print out of the walmart store to academy you get it for $119 because they do price match.

Search tags for this page
foot switch for trap throwers
promatic merlin clay target thrower
promatic merlin clay target thrower reviews

promatic merlin review

promatic merlin trap

promatic merlin wobble
promatic merlin wobble review
promatic versus atlas skeet