1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Home security systems

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tracyhunter, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

anyone ever used one of these.?they are on ebay priced from $70.00 all the way up to $500.00.they sound good but i just wonder if the work,last.thank you.

tracy

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I don't think your link or picture posted correctly.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

You want to pay such a little amount to protect such a large amount? The crooks will love you. If you want to protect your house then go find the best home security co in your area and the best system that you can afford. Talk to the police dept, insurance co and so on. They both have lists of people who are good and to stay away from.

4. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

If I was you I would just call ADT and have them put one in your place for you. I have ADT in are condo and we love it. We can hookup to are lap top and see what's going on at home when we are way. Also we can keep a eye on are dog when we are away for a hour or two. ADT will also works with you I-phone.

We have camera's in every room even my work area and my gun safe is even hook up to the systems. If some one would open the door on my gun safe I get a phone call in no time flat from ADT........ this also goes with all the doors and windows.

My daughters boy friend works for ADT and he hook are place up with all the nice stuff.

The down side of this systems is my wife can tell when I come home at night.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have ADT, a Dog, a 9MM Glock, and a 12 guage shotgun so far they must all be working because I haven't had to fire a shot ... There is also a sign on the front window by the door that says there will be no warning shots due to the increase in ammo prices ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Try Simplisafe, no contracts and all cellular. All wireless sensors also.

Control the whole system from your computer or phone.

And no contracts.

Did I say no contracts?

Tim

7. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Member

Another vote for ADT. Get the Pulse and you can see everything going on in any room. We have a high def infrared camera in my gun room recording to a 750 gig DVR 24-7. Clear as a bell in full light or pitch black.

Arm & disarm from your phone too. Awesome system and reasonably priced considering the value of our passion and hobbies.

Second the comment on the wife knowing you're coming or going. The system tells you when any door is opened so you know someone is coming or going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.