1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Home remedy for cough and phlem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

captain morgans spiced rum

Bill

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Hot tea with honey and lemon. HMB

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Add two tablespoons of Crown Royal to HMB recipe and your good to go. Bulge

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I keep "Mucinex DM" in the house ... I was feeling like you described, went to the Doctor and he said to go to Walgreens and get the stuff ... I asked for a perscription to break it up and he said nothing he can give me works better than the Mucinex DM, and then he wanted me to pay him for his advice ... I told him to write me a script and I will pay him so he wrote me a script for Mucinex DM ... I used this stuff and Thera Flu and felt better in a couple of days ... WPT ... (YAC) ... No charge ...

5. Bridger

Bridger Member

I agree with the Mucinex. It used to be prescription but is now available over the counter. I had a bad cold a couple of weeks ago, lots of the same stuff you're experiencing. I took the maximum recommended dosages of Mucinex for about a week and it did its job. Stick with it, takes a few days for it to take effect but it does seem to work.

6. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Go to the local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for the good stuff ... the cold and flu medicine that is sold over the counter a bottle or two at a time, you know the stuff the meth lab people use to buy in large quantities before they started clamping down and controlling the sale of the stuff.

Now the pharmacist may question you a little on this part but get a couple of different brands but be sure one is like a daytime one and one is a nitetime one and one is a ... a ... well make sure that they all are a little different and that with the couple of 3 bottles of the stuff all of your various symptoms are covered.

Now stop by the shelf on the way out and get a couple of the pill varieties as well before going home.

Once your at home take a full dosage of each medicine ... yeah thats right a full dosage of each. Now wait 2 hours and take another full dosage of each ... yeah thats right another full dosage of each and ... well ... wait another couple hours and again take a full dosage of each and go to bed.

When you wake up in the morning take a full dosage of each and by the time you begin to recover from the medicinal stupor whatever bug was ailing you will be wiped out and gone.

Always works for me and dont worry about anything ... what you will be seeing during the process is not real ... they look real but trust me, she aint really there and she really does not want to serve your every need even though ... seriously she aint there and she aint real!

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I tried the Apple Cider Vineger a few years back and all I got out of it was heart burn and a case of acid indegestion ... I like home remedys also and now I keep Mucinex and Thera Flu in my home which makes it a home remedy in this house ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Try a long hot shower and Vick's Vapo-Rub on your throat (outside) and chest. Get plenty of sleep and general rest. Don't be afraid to take more than one shower.

Also, some drug stores sell kits for aroma therapy that include a cover for your head and some type of medicinal drops you add to hot water in a pan under the cover. I want to try this some day.

I also like Ricola cough drops and aspirin.

If you develop a fever or a very severe cough, see the doc.

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

An old holistic family recipe calls for the following:

Into a one quart sauce pan squeeze all the liquid you can get out of half of a grapefruit. Add two cups water and half cup of white sugar. Heat on low stirring occasionally.

While the mixture is heating, pour a medium glass of Canadian whisky. When the mixture has thickened, pitch the crap in the pan and drink the Canadian.

Repeat the Canadian as needed.

10. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

Gary,

Take honey, lemon and alum. Mix to taste. The alum will shrink the phlem. were you can spit it out or a baby can swallow it. Old trapper told me about this.
    It really works.
    Just keep adding the alum till it works. I start with a 1/2 teaspoon. Depends on how much you make.

David

11. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Blackberry brandy, if you can find some, is good for relieving symptoms. Drink it in a hot drink, like one shot at a time.

Trapshooting is also good if you are a nervous shooter. Brings up the adrenaline which is good for reducing congestion. For that matter, anything shocking, scary, aggravating, exciting, etc. helps. I have this hot picture of Janet Reno I could lend you...LOL.

12. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Be careful what you mix...sometimes you can take too much stuff. A few winters ago, I had bad cold and chest congestion, took one of the over-counter cough medicines for a few days at reg. intervals, that night took some more along with ginger in a tea, echinacia, and topped it off with reg. dose of metamucil.
    About a half hour later, I started getting real anxious, started getting nervous and short of breath, wife had to call the ambulance...what a dope! Thank God, it was just all the junk I took, not a heart attack.

So, since then I really watch what I take. The ER Doc recommended a humidifier at night to break up the congestion...I tried that, and it really worked good.

puablo

13. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mucinex or Guaifenesin Syrup are basically the same thing. The Mucinex is a bigger dose. Take one or the other. Forget about the "DM" part. You don't need it, since it will stifle your ability to cough up the phlegm. The plain Mucinex is the best. That will loosen the junk and allow you to cough it up. Drink plenty of fluids. The Zinc might not be a bad idea either. I like the Soothers lozenges, but to each their own.

If you run a high fever or it lingers for more than a week without feeling better, see a doctor. If it's a flu, they can give you something like Tamiflu. I'm not sure if that stuff works, but a few doctors swear by it.

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I just received an email from a good friend, it talks about rubbing Vick Vapro rub on the heels of your feet and wearing socks. It was compelling to read that several people have had a great amount of succes by doing it! I guess it's worth a try

15. shadow

shadow Active Member

Disolve a few sticks of Horehound candy in heated whisky,let cool and drink as needed.

Tastes like chit, but it works.

16. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I told ya what to do ... quit all your farting around and just do it ... trust me it will cure all that ails you and you will feel fantastic while your being healed.

17. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Actually, the more postings on this thread, more to read for the ill individual. That will keep him indoors in an appropriate environment for healing. Send more advice and he will get well quicker!

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rick,

No stomach problems that I am aware of but you never know, you know ..? I like vinegar and oil dressing and never have a problem with that and I like cider when I can get some good stuff ... The Apple Cider Vinegar just didn't set well with me and I gave up on it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. AlanM

AlanM Member

Just try good old chicken soup.

20. austin fatts

austin fatts TS Member

Chicken noodle soup is about as good as it gets for a bad cold. A coffee cup filled with very hot water,brandy,honey,tablespoon of honey and a little cinnamon sprinkled on top before I go to bed. If I wake up it is either more hot soup or another hot brandy. Then more sleep!!

Austin Fatts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.