1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Home remedies to pass kidney stone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by striper, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

I feel that pressure in my back and damn you guys know the terror coming on. I have heard of home remedies that make passing them less painful and there is a website where one guy is selling for 30.00 some formula that says works. Hoave any of you fellows found anything that makes it some what bearable beside a morphine drip to get rid of these damn things?

2. perazzipaul

perazzipaul TS Member

striper i have some friends who use lemon juice to help deteriorate their stones with its acid and make them easier to pass.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Also as a preventative.... drink Lemonade (real lemons).

This was advised to me from a Urologist from the Univ. of Penn Hospital.

Curt

4. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

lemonaide with about 2 gallons of water, this was told to me by a nurse who was taking care of my wife for kidney stones. Keep drinking until you pass it.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

It's a coincidence that you brought this up, I pissed one out this morning that started 2 Saturdays ago. It's less painful if you have prescription pain medication available, which I always keep around. I drink bottled water mixed with lemon juice and a teaspoon of Splenda so it's easier for me to drink 6 bottles a day. Once you experience the agony of a kidney stone you will instantly know of a future one. Last year I had to go to the emergency room twice in a week for a large stone (5mm) that took a month to pass. Good luck with your stone.

6. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Prevention is the key, lots of water. If you pass one you can get it analyzed so changing your diet may help. Juices won't dissolve anything.
    Toradol will help with the pain and dilate the ureter.
    The stone may need to be broken up to pass.
    Survivor of 6.

7. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

There is NO HOME REMEDY for stones. I have had over a dozen in the last 40 years and they have all been analyzed. Drink a lot of water and stay away from calcium and seafood is what I have been told. Then go to the hospital and have a shot to get rid of the pain.
    They are a BITCH.

8. glenns

glenns Member

I started taking 300 mg of allopurinol daily about 5 years ago. Have not had kidney stone problem since then.

I do remember the last time. I was on the 15th hold of a round of golf. I went to the bathroom and pissed blood. I knew what was coming next. I then finished the 18 holes went home and had my wife take me to emergency.

9. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

5mm toolmaker???? WOW.. is all i can say about that!!!

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I've never had to (Thank God)...you all have my sincerest sympathies

11. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

My largest & certainly most painful yet was 6mm & had to have Lithotripsy. This was my second time for Litho.
    I've had over 40 in my 54 years, some weren't bad at all but some I definitely remember.
    The doctors told me that people in the South East has more kidney stones than anywhere else in the U.S. Don't know if it's true or not but I know lot's of folks around here that have suffered with them.
    Lot's of water does help.

i_shoot

12. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

WestleyB, I still have it in a plastic jar. No need to analyze it as all the rest I passed were of the same composition.

13. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Flow max, pain killer, hot bath and a nap. Helps that I'm following my diet from the kidney stone doctor. I can pass them now on my own.

14. kw565

kw565 Member

A 12 pack of Anheuser-Busch product helped me pass one. Flush and painkiller
    all in one.

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Old wifes tale: Put a Kidney Stone on a piece of sliced Beet, it will desolve. The tale says (from my late Mother), If you eat Beets it will also desolve the stones internally. She aways put some Beet slices in our salads, for this reason.

16. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

300 mg Allopurinol +1

Also good to include diuretic to flush out by-products of reaction between uric acid and allopurinol .

Several instances of stones between 1970 and 1980 ; began allopurinol/diuretic
    regimen in '80 ; none since .

Nephrologist recommended keeping pH of urine in acid range ; cranberry juice --back was No.1 b'fast juice .

Charlie

17. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Two of the biggest Valiums, a heavy shot of Jaeger, followed by a six pack of light beer, two six packs if you stay conscious. I used this method to pass two 50 caliber stones, one would have just fell out but they where classic side by sides. LOL Ok I'm exaggerating a little but I had to top 5mm somehow. Sometimes I practice for the event just in case, the drinking part not the passing part. LOL DTMS

18. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

This too will pass....wishing you a speedy recovery. Kim :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting problems and remedies