1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

home owners ins and shell

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shoot n Holler, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Anyone have any problems getting home insurance because of shells or reloading supplies in the house.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Not if you don't say about it.

Eric

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Read your policy to make sure the Ins. Co. doesn't have an out because of it. Mike.

4. fvtrkyhntr

fvtrkyhntr Member

Just had a home insurance inspection. No problem with the guns and reloading supplies in the gun room, but my homemade wood stove in the machinery workshop was a BIG PROBLEM. Ken

5. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Thats what I was concerned with the inspector.With cases of shells and kegs of powder you think they would have a problem with that. I have had the same problem with the shop. Plus they wanted me to remove the gas and the torches from the building now what would I do with them leave them outside?

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I retired from the Insurance ( Claims side) industry and never saw a policy with an exclusion listing powder or relaoding supplies. Dogs, wood burners etc yes

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

State Farm threatened to cancel my neighbors homeowners policy because he had more than 7500 primers on site. Agent told him it didn't matter if it was a couple bricks of 5000 or primers in loaded shells. He immediately moved all his stuff to a storage facility to avoid being cancelled. The time has come to start shopping insurance EVERY year. All of it, cars, golf cart, camper, home, flood etc.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

go with USAA, state farm sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.