1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Home made stock cutting device

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Steve W, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

This was made by a friend of mine. A retired TRW executive with engineering back ground. Thought I'd like to share with you guys.

Everything adjustable, including pitch, & matching cast. It also keeps the stock square while pushing through the table saw. The stock in picture was a 15" LOP Perazzi stock, cut to 14.5".

[​IMG]

Sorry for the poor picture, I was wearing working gloves using cell phone camera.

2. dalog

dalog Member

More Pics Please . . .

3. avodilko

avodilko TS Member

cutting a stock is a lot more then a jig an table saw,is there a pitch on the stock,now would be the time to take care of,also a cast could be created while cutting same!!! better have some one that know how to do it,do it,it would make a nice pcs. of fire wood . andy

4. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Looks like a well made jig.

Buy a bunch of old Mossberg and Remington buttstocks at the next gunshow to practice on, though...

5. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

If anyone has a copy of gunsmith kinks their is a digram in the book showing how to make the jig. I made one and works great. It takes care of all the angles. Wild Bill

6. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Looks pretty well thought out, appears to be adjustable so as to be used for different pitch angles & maybe even other things not visible in the pic. I have a similar one that I've used for years. Ross Puls

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Looks very adjustable and will likely make a far better straight cut than a bandsaw. Of course i wouldn't have the balls to cut on my stocks but you gotta learn somehow. It's only wood. There is more growing as we speak.

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I would rather get arm extenders, then to cut that beautiful wood. LOL

9. sturgeon

sturgeon Member

B12..have you or anyone else have any idea which volume of Brownells Gunsmiths Kinks contained the jig drawings. SteveB

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't see how cast would be changed, but a nice looking accessory!

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I use a 12" compound miter saw. Easy and works very good with a 60 tooth blade.
    No chip out and a straight even gun on any angle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.