1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Invasions...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Just yesterday yet another home invasion occurred in the small state in which I live (CT). Last week there was one where a 14 year old girl thwarted a home invasion of two men. Yesterday five armed men invaded another suburban home in Branford and tied up the people residing there. The details have yet to be printed and the five are still on the loose.
    The latest in the Brady Campaign is to remove high capacity magazines or make them illegal. ARE THEY CRAZY?

Are there home invasions like these going on in your state?

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Home invasions by multiple assailants proves the need for so-called "high capacity" magazines. (Actually standard capacity in many firearms.)

3. rpeerless

and I'm sure the assailants are not worried about being legal.

4. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Home invasions are almost all drug-related.

The "victim" is usually a dealer, and has drugs and cash in the house.

5. rpeerless

Russ, here they seem to be at random with robbery as a motive. I used to think that invasions were drug related too until the Cheshire home invasion. The one last week involving the 14 year old was a robbery. In this latest one the house was ransacked for valuables. More info has yet to be released.

I recently read that 20% of robberies (home invasions) occur with the residents home. England had about the same statistic 20% prior to the gun ban. Since the gun ban the percentage has risen to 40% of robberies occured with the residents at home.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Brian--I agree 100%. I also keep multiple firearms at my ready disposal. You never know when you need a back-up for your back-up's back-up. I figure if the Glock 22, Stag AR15 and 870 riot gun don't fix said problem, i'm in deep doo-doo. :)

7. rpeerless

It was released that there was a safe in the basement and the five demanded that the victims open it. However, the article does not say if the safe was opened or not.

Just searched Branford, CT home invasion and there was more to read there. Very unsettling. Sounds totally random.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The fastest reload for a gun is another gun.

That's why I used to carry two S&W Model 12s, one in each jacket pocket.

9. setool

setool Member

Just keep em' close Boy's...
    Mark S.

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Also yappy dogs and a comprehensive alarm system is a must to awake/ alert inhabitants to the threat. Those extra few seconds can mean the difference of making it to a firearm and repelling a home invasion, or being tied up and possibly executed with your own firearms...

With this time of year, some people have fans running, windows open for fresh air, etc.. just the right combination of white noise to mask illegal entry into a dwelling and surprise the unwitting victims.

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Hurricane film on all glass & a secure set of doors are your first line of defense. The second line is awareness. You are most vulnerable entering or exiting your residence. If you carry a weapon when you leave your house, why don't you carry one when you're at home?

Phil Berkowitz

12. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

At one time you could defend yourself anywhere you were. Then it went down to your property only. Then it came down to your yard and now its only in your house. Now your suppose to leave your house if someone comes in to your house. HELL, its my house and I'm not going to be chased out of my house. I will be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

13. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Jumping back to the subject of the Bradey bunch and proposing legislation to ban what ever. Remember it is about to be campaign time and if they propose things like banning high capacity mags, two if not more things will come of it. If it makes a vote and your Rep / Sen votes against it, they then use this in ads. And it also allows the talking heads to ask how a Presidential candidate would vote. This then allows the MSM to paint 2nd Amend backers as unyielding to "common sense" legislation.

14. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"It was released that there was a safe in the basement and the five demanded that the victims open it......Sounds totally random"

yeah that sounds totally random....so random that they bad guys actually got lucky and hit the right house that had a safe in the basement. At this point, they should play the lottery, they probably will hit the jackpot given their lucky streak.....

Wake up and put 2 and 2 together. Get a clue. Based on what little info you provided, the bad guys probably knew there was a safe in the house to begin with. I don't know of too many bad guys walking along the streets and just "randomly" picking a house to bust in and rob. Home invasions are not "random". They knew what was inside the house.

15. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I have an extra clip taped to the clip in my m1 carbine, I can reload it pretty fast if I needed to.

I don't think you can draw another gun faster than this guy can reload his.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CAFxgQmxbGI?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CAFxgQmxbGI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

16. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

The subject is home invasions so I'm not sure this counts...

85 year old Yoko Cullen was the victim of a carjacking in the Metro-east* region of Illinois earlier this year. Ms. Cullen was still alive in the trunk of her car when it was set on fire.

Police arrested Daquan Barnes, 18, of Granite City; his cousin Demarcus D. Barnes, 28, of Belleville; and Latosha A. Cunningham, 37, of Belleville.
    Investigators believe Cunningham and the late Ms. Cullen were acquainted as neighbors and that both frequently played bingo at the Firemen's Hall on Collinsville Road in Collinsville, IL.

According to the police, the suspects thought Ms. Cullen had a substantial amount of money with her but were mistaken.

sissy

* Metro-east is the regional name for a collection of Illinois communities directly across the Mississippi River from St. Louis, MO.

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Little yapping dogs are the best alarm available. Back the dogs up with "The Judge" and back the Judge up with a short barreled 12 GA pump riot gun. make them easy to grab in inconspicuous places. Shoot first and ask questions after the perps are on the floor or gone. Just my opinion....

18. Highrise

Highrise TS Member

I live in the town in which this occured, and I am hearing some say its not random becouse there was a safe in the basement......?
    Many of the homes (2 people posted on here already that live close by and must be trap shooters or they wouldnt be here) most likely have safes for there trap guns as well.
    The area is a very upscale location and chances are if these scum broke into any of these houses you would have hit the mother load. Lets not jump to conclusions and say this hard working family man with small children in the house was targeted due to drugs.
    I dont remember Dr. Pettit from the neighboring town of Cheshire ever being accused of anything but being a upstanding respected member of society and he lost a wife and 2 beautiful children in a home invasion.

19. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Our current military training and our actions in Iraq and Afghanistan have created an entire generation of men who know how to invade a home so fast that you don't have time to grab your gun. In my opinion this is going to be a problem. AJ

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Texshooter--Really????

Your gonna blame home invasions on our Military men and women?? What basis do you have to accuse the very men and women that fight to keep our freedom of these crimes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

home invasion trap