1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Home invader with crowbar vs mother with gun

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. 548

548 Guest

Lots of these stories across the country everyday. Why do home owners protecting their life and property never use assault weapons though? It's always the bad guys with the assault weapon.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm gonna send her some +Ps for next time.

-Gary

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

"The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he's staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver."

Love this quote.

Josh

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Local radio station interviewed a detective on the scene and reported "she must have shot him in the mouth, we found teeth all over the room."

LOL

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

FMJ to da Grille. Dat oughta learn ya.

-Gary

7. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

LOL. Congrats Gary, that's gotta be the funniest thing I've heard/read all week.

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

So you are saying after the ban, only bad guys will have assault rifles?

Or are you saying all people (about 1 million) who have assault rifles are bad guys???

9. JH

JH Well-Known Member

You really need to expand your knowledge base and participate in a 3 Gun match......I know...I know....you have no clue what that is....perhaps you need to Google it...You Tube?

10. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Given Mr Slaters long arrest record and recent release from prison, he almost got what he deserved. But now the taxpayers will get to support him for the rest of his life.(ie: food, lodging, healthcare, dental, excercise equipment, cable tv etc) Obamacare at it's very best.

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

5 shots to the face & neck and he's still alive? Amazing.

Eric

12. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

So, I guess Dyke Finestein will go after crow bars, wrecking bars, pinch bars, and the list goes on.

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thats funny charlie

14. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

How soon we forget. Just a year ago, before all the anti-gun hysteria, a 18 year old mother in Oklahoma shot an intruder that had a knife and a hammer. She was on the phone with a 911 operator who told her to do what ever it takes to protect the baby and herself. Yeah, she killed him, and his buddy ran off.

The young woman and the operator were hailed as heroes, and were on every talk show, headlines in every paper, and the internet.

It's a shame the media doesn't show more of this. Must have been a slow week a year ago.

Like Barfin said: She did not have an assault weapon, but the intruder had two.

Wayne

15. spritc

spritc Active Member

Come to my house and see what meets you.

16. Brian in Oregon

548, quote: <i>"Why do home owners protecting their life and property never use assault weapons though?</i>

[​IMG]

I do use an "assault weapon", according to Dianne Fineswine.

My primary home defense long arm for over 25 years has been a Mossberg 590 pump shotgun.

But if you're wondering why the "good guys" aren't using AR15s, AK47s and FALs to defend their homes, it's real simple. It's because most of us understand that rifle cartridges are way overpowered for home defense use, especially in an urban setting. Less so in a rural setting. A lot of my friends who have no neighbors within walking distance use 223 or 308 "Freedom Rifles" as their primary home defense gun.

17. CharlieAMA

I use a sawed off Model 12 for home defense. It patterns nice and wide. But it is not 'black'. It is blued and has wood.

18. Brian in Oregon

My first defense shotgun was an old JC Higgins that I sawed off the Dial-A-Duck choke/compensator, cutting it back to 19". Good, rugged old shotgun that I picked up dirt cheap. Traded it off after I bought the 590. Wish I still had it, so I could give it to one of the kids for a home defense gun.

19. CharlieAMA

I bought this Model 12 from my neighbor. He farmed up the road from me. He had carried it in his pickup for years, and had his name and DL number scribed in the receiver. It looked bad. I offered a $100 for it, and he took it. It didn't have a rib on it, so I had it sawed off, the receiver buffed, and reblued. Came out pretty good for a home gun. Works good on those diamondbacks also.

20. Brian in Oregon

Back in the early 1980's I had an old Model 12 riot gun that was surplus from a local sheriff's office. The action would not open unless you pushed forward very hard on the forend. Took it to three local gunsmiths and none of them could fix it. Replaced it with the beater JC Higgins and never looked back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.