1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Depot - home delivery??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Anybody else have problems with “Home Depot” home delivery? I ask this because I’m sitting here waiting for them to delivery a refrigerator, to my 85 year old Mom‘s house. It’s 8:15 pm Saturday night. They call her Friday night and said they would deliver it sometime Saturday, but they would call a half hour before they arrived. She wanted me or somebody to be here when they delivered it. I got here about 9:00am and have been waiting since then. I called about 2pm and asked about their delivery schedule for today, they said it would be here sometime after 5:30pm. Still haven’t heard a damn thing.

It wouldn’t be so bad but I just went through this crap 10 days or so ago. The one they delivered then had 3 big scratches right on the front, so they said they would replace it. I refused delivery because I’m sure she didn’t want her new refrig in the kitchen where everybody could see it have scratches on it.

The kicker is a couple of years ago, they delivered a washer/dryer unit to my house and it was all beat to crap. It had a couple of dents in each unit. They offered me 40 or 50 bucks off to take it as is. I took it because it was going in the basement where nobody would see it, so who cares. They didn’t deliver those units till something like 8:30 at night then.

Well anyway I’m just venting. Have had them deliver 2 things and both times items have arrived damaged. And who knows when they will show up, anywhere from 7am to midnight. Next appliance is coming from Sears.

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Tell me ts.com doesn't work. A little over an hour after getting on here and going on a rant they delivered the new fridge at 9:45pm. Should of did it 12 hours ago.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I bought a chest freezer at Home Depot last week and the sales guy told me that last year, nation-wide, they sold $1/4-Billion worth of appliances in the two weeks after Thanksgiving and they didn't get them all delivered until February! I came back and hauled my own.

-Gary

4. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I would think the delivery is subbed out to a logistics company ? Never the less they should offer a four hour window and stick with it.
    Jim

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Bought a new freezer, they called at 7 AM, freezer delivered at 7:30, took 5 minutes. Great service. HMB

6. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bisi, I just wonder with your experiences why you keep going back? I'm sure you could find a local Mom & Pop type store that delivers during daylight hours and has more accountability.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bought a new washer, called the kid to come with his pickup, washing clothes a half hour later.

Use someone you know will get the job done, yourself.

HM

8. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

The bitterness of poor quality product or service remains long after the sweet taste of lowest price is forgotten!

AndyH :)

9. shelly

shelly TS Member

Home Depot doesn't deliver their own products, they use a contractor (at least they do here). I suspect the service varies depending upon location/contractor. I've had good service from both Home Depot and Lowes regarding delivery.

10. quartering

quartering Active Member

agreed, depot likes to sell stuff but they don't deliver or install very well. can't beat the prices though. been in a hd lately? you can't walk the aisles for all of the appliances. looks like everything is on sale for 30 - 50% off. no wonder they're the biggest seller of appliances in the world. good luck with it

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I just had $9,000.00 of Anderson windows and doors sent to my house---Right on time and I haven't opened them yet because of local contractor delay but HD said they will stand behind any defects---Great co. to deal with---MYSTIC---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

home depot bisi