1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Home defense gun ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Doug Brown, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Do any of you keep a gun close by your bed? If so a pistol or a shotgun?
    Loaded or in the magazine? Your thoughts please. Thanks

2. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Pump shotgun,loaded but with a trigger lock.When Im home at night the key is in the trigger lock attached to my car keys.In this way I wont forget to take key with me and keeps gun safe when Im not home.Pump is the way to go as less chance of malfunction as with auto loaders.Also buy some low recoil tactical buckshot,great for home defense.....Don

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Locked and loaded within arms reach ... Glock 17, 9mm with 19 rounds of jacketed hollowpoints in it and a spare clip next to it, just in case ... I also have an Alarm on the house to warn the intruders that I know they are there and will be greeting them soon ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

EAA Witness .45ACP. My wife has an old Ruger Security Six .357 on her side of the bed. Remington 870 in the closet.
    Peace through superior firepower.

5. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

M-37 Ithaca...M & P 12 ga. pump. Pistol grip and extended magazine tube. Loaded w/ 8 rounds #4 buckshot. One is in the chamber...I have NO intention of racking it to "warn" someone.

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I've got a short barrel 870 Express Super Magnum standing in the corner of the bedroom next to the bed. I have an open box of STS Nitros on the night stand. I have an early warning system (beagle) in the house I trust to provide adequate time to load gun.

Bisi

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Loaded shotgun right beside the bed and loaded with 00,00,#1, #2. .45 and .380 right under the mattress in case it is going to be a long siege. Spare mags for the handguns in top drawer. A few knives in drawers. And yes, I was a boy scout.
    John

8. oz

oz Active Member

shotgun's good buy use #9's will destroy an intruder but won't kill the neighbors or your kids. I have a samuari sword in easy reach. oz

9. gold40

gold40 Member

I keep a loaded S&W .38 revolver in the nightstand next to the bed. Kids all moved out years ago, so safety isn't an issue.

gold40

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

MrkS- I have a strong suspicion that your interpretation of Federal Law is incorrect. Also, keep in mind that the first 10 amendments (Bill of Rights), insisted upon by Mr. Jefferson, only places restrictions on the Federal Government. They do not restrict state governments, local governments or private individuals. In 1875 it was illegal to carry a firearm in Dodge City Kansas. The enforcement of that law resulted in some disputes.

Pat Ireland

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Sawed off SP 10 with a banana clip loaded alternativly with buckshot and slugs.

12. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

18" 870 w/mag extension loaded w/ 71/2 nitros 1-5 then a slug,under the bed, glock 23 w/13 winchester black talons under the pillow i'm single benchmade knife clipped to her pillow [lol] and two rottweillers that sleep at the foot of the bed [2] car alarms [4] 4 cell mag lights strategicly located, and an adt home alarm, and i use the remaining nitro's for patterning as i like to rotate the inventory once every [3] months or so, damn, i didn't realize i was this paranoid til i wrote this

13. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Shotgun, loaded, no round in chamber, safety off, just target shells but I do have a magazine extension and a good light. If your choice is a pistol, and mine used to be, you gotta practice and think about how your are going to fight in the dark.

14. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

oh yeah sorry, nothing in the chamber. steve

15. bacon

bacon TS Member

SW642 38cal. SW model 19 357cal. SW 380 all with in reach

16. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Have both within a couple of feet. Rounds in the chamber. A lot of consideration must be given to children in the home. Do you live in a rural area or in the city? A lot to consider before I could give a recommendation. Feel free to e-mail. Michael and Jane

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Barely legal length Mossberg 500 with extended capacity.

18. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I do not understand the concept of having a self defense weapon on hand without a round in the chamber. I know that it takes only a second to chamber a round but I also know that sometimes you just don't have a second. John

19. calilori

calilori TS Member

I've been thinking about getting a pistol. All I have right now is my 1100 and my XT trap. Until a year ago I had never even touched a gun in my life, but the fact is that I am a single woman who lives alone....I'm not all that big either, so I'm just curious....what do you guys suggest that I get that I can handle and will stop somebody in their tracks and not just "annoy" them?

20. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

1100 will work just fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.