1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Home breakins, did you know?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by xringjim, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

That in America criminals will break in 13% while the homeowner is home? And, in Britain the percentage goes up to over 60% because of the gun laws there? Also, homeowners in Britain are convicted at a high rate when they defend they're home against forced entry with a baseball bat or other selected weapon? Pretty bad when a person can't expect to be safe inside they're own home, isn't it? Maybe they think you'll be safer in jail? Jim

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep, happened some years ago!

When seconds count, police are only minutes away!

Our drive by media has also ignored airing the protest in London that have been accruing over taking away their firearms and imprisoning people who defend themselves!!!

The year Australia ban anything semi automatic, their armed robbery went up 48%

Liberals will never understand that criminals DON'T obey the LAW's, thats why they are called criminals!

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

In my old age I keep forgetting that! Thanks for reminding me, Rick!

I take it that the UK doesn't teach its history in their schools. I have forgotten the King they had who looked at his number of fighting forces and then looks at the number of his subjects. And a big lite went off in his brain! The subjects way out numbered his Armies!!!

What better way of defend the kingdom then to arm them also!!! And thats what he did, made a decree that every household had to have either sword or archery tackle!! In that decree it was also stated that the "father" was responsible to "teach" his household how to use whatever weaponry was in the house!

What the King realized he'd benefited from doing that was, His army now was bigger then he had ever hoped for and being all the subjects were armed the "crime" rate went down!! He didn't have to put people to the "rack" as much as he use to!!

If we would only learn from history!!

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Ha ha ..............

Dial 911 ... then dial Pizza Hut and see which get to your house first!

5. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I still would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I will use my .44 on anyonrethat comes into my house uninvited.

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

XP100.....you better live in a RED STATE and hope the guy breaking in has a criminal history....or, you will be in jail and his family will bankrupt you....he will be out of the hospital and will be enjoying your money.....while you rot in jail.....

Whether or not you go to jail is more a function of the political leanings of the judge/jury rather than what you did to defend yourself.....

7. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

If he breaks in to my house and I am home he just created a criminal history.

8. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

If you shoot you will almost never get your gun back, point is get a inexpensive one.
    XP have pity for your neighbor, he will have to clean the mess off his walls, Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.