1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Homade Shot #9 Anyone Make It???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by powder-em, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powder-em

powder-em Member

Have made 7 1/2 and heard about #8 but never have seen any info on #9 shot. Have started shooting a little skeet again and would like to make some #9 shot. Are there drippers available or does anyone know the hole size in order to make 9 shot. Thanks in advance. Dave

2. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

What shotmaker machine do you have?
    There are #9 drippers available that fit both the Better Shotmaker and the Littleton. You have to feed your machine really good clean car wheel weights in the ladle when making #9's due to the small hole in the dripper.
    Contact James Stewart at 256-587-0107 for further info on price and shipping.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I was told it worked better to thin out the wheel weight metal with some plumber's lead to make good 9 shot. Just hearsay, not actual experience.

HM

4. powder-em

powder-em Member

5. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

I have some plumber's lead and some wheel weights. Is there a good ratio of plumbers lead and wheel weights to use to make some good shot? 50/50? Thanks, Roger

6. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

What size drill bit would produce Size 7 1/2 shot?
    What about 8,s?
    I have been thinking about machining a multiple hole shot dripper. Thanks,wbJP

7. powder-em

powder-em Member

Anyone else have any info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.