1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Holy Smoke and Fire - ALMOST NEW NOW

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I used some GaugeMates (12-28) Sunday for skeet. Here's what they look like after a TOTAL of 50 rounds fired - 25 per barrel.

[​IMG]

I have 8 more boxes of Winchester AAHS shells left for this trial. Looks like I ought to get a large supply of O-rings before going back to the skeet field.

Larry
    [​IMG]

Soaked for 24 hours in PROLIX then a few minutes with a brush on a Dremmel. They look good as new.

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

What end of the barrel did you put them in? LOL.

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

Try wrapping some of the Teflon tape made for gas pipes around the o ring. You should be able to preserve the life of the o ring for a few rounds of skeet.

4. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

I use Briley side kicks and have not had to replace anything after a couple
    thousand rounds.
    Gary

5. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Larry,
    I'm the guy that sold you those! I used those GaugeMates in my LC Smith for two rounds of skeet and they sure didn't look like that when I got done. All I had to do is wipe them off with a rag and they looked just like they did when you received them from me.

There are different size O-rings in the zipper pocket of the pouch; maybe give it a try with the larger ones. It sure looks like excessive gas leakage that burned up those rings. Oversize chambers in the gun you used, maybe?

Kiv

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

You can look here:

http://www.oringsusa.com/

and here:

http://www.applerubber.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.