1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Holographic scope corrects my cross firing problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Last weekend the BarraKuhna and I went straight for 6 rounds in a row; 5 at one club and an additional straight at another club on day 2. On day one, 2 of the 5 straights were at short yardage. These were at 22 yards because that's where I shoot.

This is the best I've ever shot. A score like this was only a dream last year shooting a ribbed gun. Of course there's a long way to go in terms of even better scores, but at least that's a possibility now. Cross firing was in the way, but no more - this is proof enough for me that my cross firing issue has been resolved.

So what's next?

Personally I'm back dealing with my mental game, weather conditions, etc. For the BarraKuhna, we need another shooter with a cross firing problem to try 'er out. After I put adj butt pad hardware on it, that will be possible. Will be looking for someone. Will need before/after scores and a willingness to try it for 3-4 shooting sessions. If you know me from one of the local clubs and are willing, let's talk about it.

Thanks,
    Joe

[​IMG]

2. joe kuhn

Last weekend the BarraKuhna and I went straight for 6 rounds in a row; 5 at one club and an additional straight at another club on day 2. On day one, 2 of the 5 straights were at short yardage. These were at 22 yards because that's where I shoot.

This is the best I've ever shot. A score like this was only a dream last year shooting a ribbed gun. Of course there's a long way to go in terms of even better scores, but at least that's a possibility now. Cross firing was in the way, but no more - this is proof enough for me that my cross firing issue has been resolved.

So what's next?

Personally I'm back dealing with my mental game, weather conditions, etc. For the BarraKuhna, we need another shooter with a cross firing problem to try 'er out. After I put adj butt pad hardware on it, that will be possible. Will be looking for someone. Will need before/after scores and a willingness to try it for 3-4 shooting sessions. If you know me from one of the local clubs and are willing, let's talk about it.

Thanks,
    Joe

[​IMG]

3. joe kuhn

If you have a cross firing problem and want to try this, hollar when you see me at one of the local clubs in Elburn or Naperville, IL.

Thanks,
    Joe

4. joe kuhn

If you have a cross firing problem and want to try this, hollar when you see me at one of the local clubs in Elburn or Naperville, IL.

Thanks,
    Joe

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Are you going to post everyday about this? Just wondering.

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Are you going to post everyday about this? Just wondering.

7. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

this is a sport changing event for Joe. If you have ever had a difficulty you'd understand. Joe has made an open offer to anyone that has a similiar problem. Chances are if it works for him it might help someone else. That is what this forum is for.

8. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

this is a sport changing event for Joe. If you have ever had a difficulty you'd understand. Joe has made an open offer to anyone that has a similiar problem. Chances are if it works for him it might help someone else. That is what this forum is for.

9. joe kuhn

I did change the subject line of yesterday's thread, so it looks like a new thread but isn't. I felt this topic line was better suited. And yes, my intent here is to pass it on. If it helped me, maybe it can help somebody else. I know how frustrating it can be.

I would like to do this with a little rigor as in keeping track of scores before/after. Numbers tend to be more objective.

10. joe kuhn

I did change the subject line of yesterday's thread, so it looks like a new thread but isn't. I felt this topic line was better suited. And yes, my intent here is to pass it on. If it helped me, maybe it can help somebody else. I know how frustrating it can be.

I would like to do this with a little rigor as in keeping track of scores before/after. Numbers tend to be more objective.

11. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I installed a holo sight on my shotgun and shot very well with it.. (at home from my thrower..) until it slipped into the river.. I'm buying another sight this evening to put on another gun. I hope it fixes my cross firing.. thanks Joe!

12. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I installed a holo sight on my shotgun and shot very well with it.. (at home from my thrower..) until it slipped into the river.. I'm buying another sight this evening to put on another gun. I hope it fixes my cross firing.. thanks Joe!

13. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

Wish I was closer to where you are - sure be nice to give it a try since I have the dreaded cross firing problem.

14. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

Wish I was closer to where you are - sure be nice to give it a try since I have the dreaded cross firing problem.

15. joesailor

joesailor TS Member

How is this different from putting a Burris Speedbead sight on say a Beretta 391?

16. joesailor

joesailor TS Member

How is this different from putting a Burris Speedbead sight on say a Beretta 391?

17. joesailor

joesailor TS Member

How is this different from putting say a Burris Speedbead sight on for example a Beretta 391?

18. joesailor

joesailor TS Member

How is this different from putting say a Burris Speedbead sight on for example a Beretta 391?

19. dverna

dverna Active Member

Joesailor,

No difference as far as I can see. The Burris is the way to go IMHO for those semi-autos and pumps that Burris has mounts for. I am not sure it will take the pounding as it costs about half of the EoTech. .

I contacted EoTech and they assured me the model (512) I selected will take the abuse but I doubt they have fired 20,000 with one. I will be testing the EoTech to see how it works and its longevity. We will see.

I will be posting my observations as I experiment. The sight is going on a K-80. If I cannot find a way to attach it reliably, I plan on putting it on a Beretta semi-auto with a saddle mount that allows transfer of recoil forces to pins in the receiver. Neil Winston shared his experience with me. He had a mount that was bolted to the frame of a 303 and it kept shearing the screws.

Don Verna

20. dverna

dverna Active Member

Joesailor,

No difference as far as I can see. The Burris is the way to go IMHO for those semi-autos and pumps that Burris has mounts for. I am not sure it will take the pounding as it costs about half of the EoTech. .

I contacted EoTech and they assured me the model (512) I selected will take the abuse but I doubt they have fired 20,000 with one. I will be testing the EoTech to see how it works and its longevity. We will see.

I will be posting my observations as I experiment. The sight is going on a K-80. If I cannot find a way to attach it reliably, I plan on putting it on a Beretta semi-auto with a saddle mount that allows transfer of recoil forces to pins in the receiver. Neil Winston shared his experience with me. He had a mount that was bolted to the frame of a 303 and it kept shearing the screws.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.