1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday Inn Tucson Airport

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by k-80owner, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k-80owner

k-80owner TS Member

We are thinking about staying at the Holiday Inn airport for this year's Spring Grand. Does anybody have any experience staying at this place. It appears to be about 12 or 13 miles from the club. Thanks

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

Yes I stayed there for a couple of years a nice place close to the airport and they have a bar. Do not leave your guns in your car any where in Tucson. As you might not have a car in the morning. Trevor Dawe.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I just got back from the Tucson Gem show.. You'll find alot of space in good hotels for cheap.. The show was a disaster..

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

We are staying at the Best Western on Tucson Blvd which is by the Airport. Rates are cheaper then the Host Hotel CoOuntry Inn. It is completely remodeled and also has a bar and restaurant. A Men what Trevor says!

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

K-80, PM sent....

6. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Well for one thing the prices were absolutely unbelieveable. way too high so no one was buying

7. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I have a friend who does Gem Shows on the East coast and he told me that business was way off.

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I've stayed at the Country Inn a few times, and I like it. The price includes breakfast.

9. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I searched and searched, doesn't look like hotel rooms are down much in Tucson. We settled on Confort Suites, Automall Drive, $135 a night. Be advised, the freeway system in Tucson is all fu****d. Most off ramps closed. Getting to the gun club will take some planning. It doesn't take much to be in the wrong area, that close to the borderland. Be careful out there. gyrine

10. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Check the Best Western at Airport on Tucson Blvd. Tell them it is for Spring Grand. We got it for $109 a night.

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I've done the Gem Show for about 30 plus years.. First.. buyers were off about 50%.. sellers were off about 30%.. The crap.. and I mean real crap jewelery.. ie. stone necklace made in China,Balli,Mexico for under $3.00 were selling FANTASTIC.. Buyers using both hands to grab the crap up.. Also.. the Japs are now stone collectors.. Anything in a plastic box that ended in a ite under say $50.00 they were selling hand over fist.. The mid range stone in the say $200 to $1500 for the stone price point just sat.. No buyers,few lookers.. a`waste to even have brought it.. The really good stones were priced out of reach.. The sellers did not want money.. they rather keep the gemstones.. Now.. with what is going on around the world..alot of the rough is just not around.. At best.. VERY,VERY expensive. The weather was great.. so no excuse there.. I stayed very close to the gem show..only getting a room the week before for $79.95. and was walking distance to the Convention center.. NEVER could that have been done in the past for under $300..and at the last minute.. would just be a dream. Then.. I left on the 6th.. and many of the vendors were calling it quits.. cutting their losses..and leaving early..
    The part of the freeway under construction I did not find to be a problem.. The very large 3 lane service road kept traffic moving pretty good. I was driving both East and West off the I-10 to go to the various other shows.. Enjoy the great people out there.. All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.