1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday Inn - Sparta (Do you need a room?????l)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WindyCity, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

I have a room, double queen beds, at the Holiday Inn Sparta for August 10-14th. I found a spot for my RV and am going to stay in that. I have confirmed $139.00 a night.

Please PM me if interested. I am going to cancel tomorrow, July 29th at Noon C.S.T. if no-one has interest.

Hope to see everyone there.

Cory Kreith

2. jimv

jimv TS Member

I would take it if it is still avaliable. This is Tues 8-10 to check out on Sat 8-14.

3. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Windycity-- Thanks but no thanks,typical rip-off. Vandalia was never that high!

4. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

You can still stay in Vandalia if you want but the GRAND happens to now be in
    Sparta! Get over it. Colonel

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

1oldtimer Oh thats rich of course there is one other small factor I can think of the last grand in Vandalia was 6 years ago.....

Bob Lawless

6. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

Room is spoken for, first email came in at 8:26AM CST. Thanks for contacting me.

See everyone at the Grand! Shoot well!

Cory

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

In Englewood, in 1995 the Cross Country Inn went from $34.99 to $97.99 in one year. I had reservations at the $35 price quoted at the time of the reservation and they wouldn't honor it when I got there. It's the same everywhere Oldtimer. Quit trying to single out Sparta as a bad place. They all do it.

8. bas

bas Member

How right you are Barry, Vandalia really took advandtage of the "event"...we finally started staying in Troy as their rates were cheaper.

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

BLASHPHEMERS ALL !!!!!

(rolling eyes!!)

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

That was the year the Red Dot Indians took over the Xcountry. All they could say was "special event, no deescount" He was invited out into the parking lot on several occasions.

11. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Do I agree with raising the rates when we have our Grand? No!!! One year at the Grand I had made reservations for a reasonable price and when I got there, they informed me since it was Grand week in Vandalia they had doubled the rates ( or thereabouts). I was mad and felt violated and cheated. Paying the higher rates stinks but I hated the bait and switch at Vandalia I got.

Staying in Sparta has always been cheaper for me. If you don't like staying long distances form the Grand, look around , there are other opportunities.

Charlie

12. Bill W Rental

Bill W Rental TS Member

Nice 2 bedroom apartment available for the Grand. It's located in downtown Waterloo which is about 40 minutes north of Sparta (on the way to St. Louis). Waterloo is a nice, small town with great restaurants. In fact the guys from Beretta usually eat at Gallaghers in Waterloo several nights during the Grand.

You can email me at ipm@htc.net or call my office 618-939-6368 or cell at 314-616-1781.

Have a good day. Bill Wirth

13. bas

bas Member

Waterloo is a great town and one of the larger ones in the area. We always stayed at the Super 8 and it was a good place to stay. The drive to the Complex was easy and Gallagher's was great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.