1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday Inn in Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kolar12, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Does anyone have a written confirmation for the new Holiday Inn in Sparta for the US Open? We were told that we do have a reservation, but they can not supply us with a written confirmation. Does not sound too promissing!! This would not be a good start for a shoot run by the IDNR. We made "reservations" two months ago. Gary

2. jdomas

jdomas Member

Try going to their web site with your confirmation #. I use Holiday Inn all the time for work and have never had a reservation problem.

John D.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

I am sure you have a confirmation number they gave you when making the reservation. Cant you call and confirm the reservation with them and when they confirm it ask them to e-mail a confirmation of it all to you?

Do you mean written as in e-mail or actual piece of paper folded and put in an envelope with a stamp thing on it and left in that box by the street type of written thing?

Well ... they normally open them on time but from what I see and how I take what there saying at the Holiday Inn website the place aint even open yet and it does not actually state what day they are opening.

4. kolar12

kolar12 Member

We spoke with the manager, Charlene, and she could not provide a confirmation number. I know how they usually do business, I am just asking if anyone had specific problems with this Holiday Inn. Another member of our gun club said that he had the same problem.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

FYI ... the place is brand new and not yet even open for buisness. I would suggest you find another establishment just in case they dont have a room at the Inn for you when you arrive.

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time making the connection between a shoot run by the IDNR and the opening of a privately owned hotel. Is the IDNR building the hotel? I didn't find anything in the shoot program about the Holiday Inn.

Scott

7. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Try calling the holiday inn reservation line and telling them you 'lost' your confirmation #.........they may have it in their files especially if you booked it thru the national reservation line......

Lorna

8. grammie

grammie TS Member

I would expect that many reservations will be "lost" or "mis-placed" before the next Grand American!!!

But you can get re-added to the list if you pay the new rate!!! Get used to that too!!!

Can't get written confirmation???? I would not bet a lot of money on chances you will have a room for the specified time....

AKA Grammie.........

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

I just called and made a reservation for check in on the May 8th and check out on the 14th. She had no problem giving me a verbal confirmation number along with sending me an e-mail with that confirmation number. I'm not to confident though that since the hotel is not yet open for guests and she could not tell me exactly what day they will be open that my confirmation number of OI812 might be bogus.

10. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Gary, if you don't have a written confirmation number you do "not" have confirmed anything. This happened to me at the Southern Grand four yrs ago and even when I brought up the clerks name, date, time and price quoted to me they simply said they don't guarantee prices."

Rick

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

lumper; As you are not a ATA member are just stirring up the pot, as typical. Are you actually going or are you just screwing with Holiday Inn to prove some point??

Don

12. Robert Long

Robert Long Member

Gary,

I have been on the hotel business for 25 years. I worked for Holiday for some time. If you do not have a confirmation # you do not have a reservation. The hotel is not yet connected to the reservation system. Make a back-up plan.

Rob Long

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Don get that super long extra full trap barrel out of your hynie and loosen up a little ... check out my confirmation number ... O I 8 1 2 ... now say that number out-loud ... do you get it ... oh yeah I forgot to mention ... the clerk I spoke with had an an accent and told me her name was ... Nunmy ... Nunmy Bizaness ... do you get it now BIGDON?

I suggest they call and get the number verbally, ask them to e-mail or fax a confirmation to them and then call the main toll free reservation number for Holiday Inn and ask them also for a e-mail or fax confirmation of the reservation ... if there really is a reservation that the hotel has made for you.

BIGDON ... if you get a reservation from Nunmy Bizaness as well I bet your number might be O U 8 1 2. ;-)))

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Does the Holiday Inn in Sparta have an opening date yet ..? The one thing that might be a problem is everyone for miles around is going to know there is a shoot at the new facilty and that might bring out the worst in some people, like in "Thieves" who will know who is in town and why ... Unless the Holiday Inn has a place to store and keep your guns under lock and key, I might be a little nervous about leaving them in my room ... The thieves won't care about a key being as they have a universal boot key and that might be a problem ... This is just a thought and not mean't as a slam against the Holiday Inn, Sparta, ATA, or the WSC, stranger things have happened ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

thats what i use the lockers at the grand for Don.

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

Why just the Holiday Inn? If the thieves know why everyone is in town I would be worried about security in the entire freakin itty bitty town of Sparta! Do you think Barney and Andy will be able to handle the possible crime wave?

17. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

Holiday Inn Express Sparta, IL. I was at the WSC and picked up some dirt on this hotel. The hotel is being built by non-union, mexican, laborers, bricklayers, ect. The local tradesmen are up in arms over this. A security officer has been hired to stand watch 24/7 over the site, due to threats. Most of the local fire departments are staffed by volunteers. You know, the ones not hired to construct this thing. Word is, if this thing catches in fire the locals are going to protect the exposures and let it burn. This is heresay, but I trust the source.
    Dan

18. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

RJ -

Your's is the second comment on this thread that links the Holiday Inn with either the ATA or the IDNR. How is the Holiday Inn screwing with the ATA members, and what exactly can the EC do about the labor force that HI uses to build their hotels?

I don't disagree that if some of this is true it's not a good thing, but I'm still not sure how the ATA factors in to it. Wouldn't the locals still be steamed about not using local labor even if there wasn't a shooting facility located just north of town?

Scott

19. guncase

guncase TS Member

Gary,,, dig out some of that money you have buried and buy my motorhome, then you won't have to worry about those $100 a nite hotels! Paul

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

They were having a labor union issue with another building that was being built last year during the grand. Maybe that's the way they do things in So. ILL. My question is "Why can't anyone who is building anything choose who he wants to build it?" He is the one putting up the bucks.

Don
    Lumper: why don't you take your 12 year old mentality elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.