1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday Inn and firearms

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dhwbailey, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

AS I was heading to Florida last week, we checked in to the Holiday Inn in Sidney Ohio. As we were checking out, I noted a notice at the fron door stating no firearms at the Holiday Inn.
    Is this franchise wide, state-wide? Does this apply ti all firearms or just CCW?
    Do I need to look for another place to stay or just ignore it?

2. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

Welcome to Ohio,,as with any of those signs they state DEADLY WEAPON,with a picture of a revolver on it,BUT as interpited (DEADLY WEAPON)also implies to pocket knives etc.
    Guess It all depends on who is interpiting it !just dont get caught .....

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'd sure like a pic of the Holiday Inn in question along with a pic of their sign, plus in case there's more than one Holiday inn there, the address. It's tiime to turn up the heat on all establishments that strip citizens of their civil rights.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Smokerz

Maybe your pastor should stop and think about robberies in churches that have been happening. Also, a mass murderer was stopped cold in a church by an Armed Volunteer.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I dont understand, The federal Court here in Boston , does not allow firearms inside the court house. They have a check in room for your fire arm???? So shouldnt these places also have a firearms checking room???? I saw a sign here in massachusetts says NO CONCEALED FIREARMS ALLOWED. Does this mean I should lift my shirt to expose my firearm? Unless its some state or town law im sure all they can do is ask you to leave.

6. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Dear shooting coach. It's OUR church and WE make the rules. Is that okay with you?

I don't allow loaded firearms in my home either. You got a problem with that too?

7. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

This should get interesting. LOL

AJ100

8. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Am I a Hillary, Feinstein, Schumer supporter?

NO......... but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

AJ100

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Shooting Coach, If I remember right. The guards are the only ones allowed to have guns at that church. I carry my gun 90% of the time Im out and about. Just do. If I come across NOT ALLOWED chances are I did not need to be there anyway. Its concealled and I keep it that way. My friend had a hissy fit when he relized I carry. He bumped into me just enough to feel it. Yelled at me for haveing a gun in his house. Then relized, I have been comeing in his house for 15years???

10. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**I stayed at that Holiday in in Sidney on the way to visit Tron. I just ignored it. Walked right in with an S&W Strapped on (concealed)& checked in.

I looked around and did not see anybody big enough to take off of me.**

Next time show them your gun and see if they can find someone big enough to "take it off of you."

I'll bet a call to 911 will produce someone big enough.

But you can always do your John Wayne act. That'll scare 'em.

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Smokerz, Does your church have any law enforcement officers as members or do you tell them they are not welcome? Around here they carry 24/7 whether on duty or not. I like knowing they're around and they're carrying.

12. m70win

m70win Member

Smokerz What makes you so afraid of a law abiding citizen legaly carrying a hand gun? If no laws are being broken than it's the person with the carrying permits choice and we should all support them. Thats how I feel and I didn't even have to call you a nasty name.

Tim

13. 100straight

100straight Member

quote "It's OUR church and WE make the rules."

Where I attend the Church is God's, and He makes the rules.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

14. Juiceman

Juiceman Member

All CCW License Holders,

I would suggest reading the manual that comes with the CCW License to stay current on the laws governing concelled carry. I belive the manual states that schools, court houses and churches are off limits to concelled carry. (Federal Law}. Places of business that put up NO WEAPONS ALLOWED signs are for their policy and if you carry inside the business all they can do is ask you to leave and no laws have been violated.

If I have stated wrong in the above, I ask that someone such a Admiral Art or anyone else who has law enforcement back ground with knowledge of the laws, please correct me.

Being a concelled license holder, I sure would not want to violate any Federal, State or Local Laws concerning concelled carry, this would only reflect badly on all license holders and give us a black eye.

Good Shooting in 08,

Ronnie Davis-Kentucky

15. Juiceman

Juiceman Member

I use Holiday Inn at either Richmond or Berea every year during our state shoot and have never had a problem at either motel. In fact, while at the Richmond Holiday Inn a couple years ago, while checking into the motel and it was late at night, I told the desk clerk that I was going to bring a couple guns into my room and they said that it was no problem at all. I think it gave the desk clerk peace of mind knowing someone was there that could shoot back if necessary.

Good Shooting in 08,

Ronnie Davis-Kentucky

16. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Ronnie,
    The way I understand my CCW permit is the same as you. Churches are off limits.

Smokerz- Why don't you put a sign in your yard stating you don't allow loaded firearms in your house.

Sonny Daniels

17. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Hospitals are also off limits here in Missouri. Oh and smokerz, I hope that any criminals will obey your rules while in your house.

Good luck out there, John

18. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

SmokerZ, your no church goer. Your to much of a heathen. You are on a gun site and say you do not allow a gun in your house. ???????????? Whats with that? Besides who the hell are you to tell me what I can or can not do in A church. Its not YOUR CHURCH. You are JUST a member and nothing more so stop trying to act like god because your not. Art is a POLICE OFFICER. Go ahead and call the cops on him. Hell they will take him out to dinner and talk on how things are going in his dept. In my area a hardware store put up a NO WEAPONS ALLOWED IN STORE sign and we and I mean all of us who carried or had guns did not go to the store but went to the other store who did not have the rude sign. It took the store with the sign about 6 weeks to see that the numbers in the books were dropping and fast. They took down the sign and never put it back up. As for the hotels DON'T ASK DON'T TELL. SHut up and go in. If someone asks what have you got say its a gitar or something else. Hell its none of their business anyway. Till theres a cop on every corner I will take my gun anywhere I want and would love to see a little dick like you try to stop me from doing so. Till the courts put all crooks in jail for good I will carry like everyone else. If your scared of the gun so much why would you or someone like you aproach a person with a gun? A wimpo like you can be spotted a mile away. HOW do you ask? Your the one running down the road screeming like a little girl. It funny just thinking about it.

19. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Manual that came with my CCW Permit?? WHAT MANUAL?? No such thing in Mass or NH. I don't think there is one for MAine either...

20. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Kolar dan, good idea. But I will have to add one thing. He need to find a house close by that does have a gun in it. Then post a sign that says so. Then while both signs are up see who gets a late night visit from the local crooks. I have my life saving that says it will not be the house with the gun. I wonder why that would be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hoilday express firearms policy

holiday in hotel policy about guns

holiday inn express gun policy

holiday inn firearm

holiday inn weapons policy