1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOLD POINTS OVER / ON TRAP HOUSE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by butcher, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

Where to hold over or on trap house. Where to look and where to avoid looking.

2. COBIGGUNJR12

COBIGGUNJR12 TS Member

There is really no use in asking this question simply because something that works for someone is most likely not going to work for you. But i will give you some suggestions if you will tell me what posts you are having trouble on

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Leo Harrison suggested in a clinic to setup on a selected point out in the field but just before calling for the target, to look right at the edge of the trap house where the targets emerge. When I started doing that, the game got a whole lot slower.

When I converted to shooting with one lense taped earlier this year, I had to take my hold points down to the roof of the house and wider so that I wouldn't get a target come up under my barrel.

That's when the game got a whole lot easier.

4. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

If this game got any more slower, attendance would fall in half. Waiting 6 hours to shoot 1 and 1/2 hours is not a crowd pleaser.

The game never is easy.

Hold and eye points vary with the individual. But one is right for you. Find it by practice with different gun hold points, eye points. But do not be surprised if they change over time.

5. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

As others have stated you must experiment to find what works for you.

Hold for the Angle School: 1 & 5 on the corner of the house or even a little outside. Height on the line of the angled target. 2 & 4 between corner and center of house. Here one eye shooter should hold on the house. 2 eyed 1 to 2 feet high. Post 3 hold just a little right of the center line about 3 feet high. Soft focus centered on the center of the possible target flight. If you must look at something the edge of the roof or what ever is about 15 yards past the house.

Hold for the Straight Away School: Hold for the straight away flight path on each station. 1 to 2 feet above the roof edge, one eyed shooters should hold on the edge of the roof or just a little over the roof.

Center of the possible flight paths of the target school: Hold 1 t 2 feet high. You can even hold center of the house and come right up the target's flight path.

Go find what works for you.

Jason

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

On one and five, I like to have my gun at the point the mos extreme angle leaves the house. I do hold a low gun. I begin looking at my desired hold point a couple of shots before it is my turn to shoot. But, I mount my gun and sometimes it does not come up exactly on the hold point I desire. I call for the bird and shoot and then adjust my feet a little so the gun will come up at my desired hold point the next shot.

I mount my gun in a natural manner. I do not twist my body after I mount my gun to bring it to a specific hold point.

Pat Ireland

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Try this, Has to be one of the best starting points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.