1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hold Point for Bunker Shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sam T., Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

I noticed at the US Nationals this year many shooters holding a high-gun hold point (i.e., above the house) and doing well. Is there new information/data which has shown this is a better approach?

2. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Great link Steve. I didn't realise the targets on each post crossed beyond the bunker...I thougt they all emerged on the 'aiming mark'. Perhaps this is part of the reason my scores are so low...lack of talent being the rest of the reason. We shot over Canterbury's Auto-Trench a couple of weeks ago, and will be over the proper bunker this Saturday. Thanks again-Graham.

3. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

There is shot out chunk of ground in front of the mark where I have shot.

That is because they hold on the mark, call pull and literally pull the trigger so the irst shot hits at that crossing point, then follow through for the second shot real quick. Everyone shoots 2 shots no matter if they hit it or not because that first shot is literally a spot shot then the second is reacton on the flash of the target.

Each post you get 2 lefts, 2 rights and 1 straight-a-way and they all cross at the same point every time you call pull so regardless of knowing an angle you know it will cross there EVERY TIME you call pull. If you are a good counter you can actually begin to tell what target is coming be process of elimination.

So what I see guys do, where I have shot bunker, was hold on the mark, call pull and literally shoot right over the top of the house spot shooting the target.

I suck at it, I admit, I always wait until I see the target swing the gun but by that time the thing is gone and I pull the trigger when the better shooters are already done shooting twice.

But... there is a "system" to shooting Bunker and its more than just waiting for the target and pulling the trigger.

Hope this helps.

4. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Perhaps this will help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.