1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hogdon/International 1 oz load

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tsosin, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

I was given a number of 1 oz reloads at the club the other night and one that was very soft and about 1200 fps was 20.6 of international clays,a green duster wad, cheddite primer in a remington shell case. I've looked on the Hogsdon web site and haven't been able to confirm the load. Does any one have a favorite International 1oz load?

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Well, the load is MUCH faster than 1,200 ft./sec with 20.6 of International. I would guess closer to 1,300 ft./sec. Load down to 19.6 International [or even 19.0] for a one ounce load and the pattern will be excellent and even less recoil. Plus a bouns of saving powder. Check the Hogdon Reloading guide. Fred

3. rmccartyjr

rmccartyjr TS Member

i use 19.2 international clays (mec 31 bushing) claybuster 1 oz pink wads aa hull winchester primer it is 1185 ft . per. i also use same recipe but change charge bar to 1 1/8 oz go to claybuster 1 1/8 wad white 1200 ft. per

4. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Just curious..

Have you actually chronographed your 1 1/8 oz load using the same powder charge?

It seems to me that the 1 oz load would go faster, everything else being the same.

Dr. Honk

5. claybuster38

claybuster38 Member

I shoot the same load you describe. soft and patterns well. If I want to kick it up a notch I use P &B cases and SO wads and a mec # 32 bush. can feel it a little more but could shoot a couple 100 without being sore. I usually put -----71/2 in these for handicap. Marv White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.