1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hog Heaven Spring Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JAC1, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAC1

JAC1 Member

My buddies and I are considering a trip from Pennsylvania to Hog Heaven Gun Club in Tennessee for their five day Spring Shoot in April. We have never been there and wanted to get some opinions from those that have. How are the facilities, targets, accomodations, weather, etc? In general, is it worth the trip? I appreciate your comments. Thanks.

2. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

i shot there last spring and loved it i,m from ky a little closer than you but accomadation s were good ,these folks are top notch good targets and usually a big turn out, will go back this year

3. JRW

JRW Member

They have camping spots call ahead to reserve a spot. Motels within 10 miles. No club house but they have a covered pavillion. Great people and they will do anything they can to help you out. Jerry in MI.

4. t-bar

t-bar Member

Great place for a good time and good targets. Beautiful countryside to.

bar

5. stingray44130

stingray44130 Member

You will not find nicer people Ann & Wade treat everyone like family great time in the smokey moutains see ya there Denny

6. Wthomas

Wthomas Member

I tried to shot there twice and never got to fire a shot. I had called ahead to be sure they were open too. I was disappointed in the facility in general since I had heard so many good things about the place. It looks like the targets would be really nice shotting off the hill. Just wish I had seen a target. I guess everyone was either at the grand when I visited last year or on their way there.

7. Juiceman

Juiceman Member

Jac 1,
    Check out their web page at www.hogheavengc.com. I think last spring's shoot results are listed on their web site along with their shoot schedule and other information.

Ronnie Davis

8. JAC1

JAC1 Member

I had already checked out the web site, and everything looked very nice. I just wanted to get some input from fellow shooters that have been there. From the responses so far it sounds like we will be heading to Tennessee in April. Thanks again for your opinions.

9. Indyrun

Indyrun Member

Great facility and even nicer people! Drop the ladies off in Gatlinburg and head to Hog Heaven....... Well worth the trip. Mark Bernhardt

10. k810329

k810329 Member

You wont find nicer folks than Anne and Wade.I may be a little partial since they are our gun club.You cant go wrong with a trip to our beautiful East Tennessee mountains.

11. JAC1

JAC1 Member

I tried to find the shoot report in Trap & Field from last years Spring Shoot, however I could not find it. I wanted to see how many shooters they had for each event. Does anyone know roughly the number of shooters that can be expected. Also, do they give trophies? If so, what kind? Thanks again.

12. plaw

plaw Active Member

I think they should take the old barn and make it into a club house..

13. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

That would cost $$....

FR

14. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Scenery is beautiful, the hosts are wonderful and the targets are very good.

The relaxation area is rudimentary and I classify it as fair to poor.

The food is terrible.

The motel accomodations are sparse and the evening restaurant selection is poor.

I live within a 3 hour drive and will not go again.

15. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

So rfd59 you really enjoyed yourself and are trying to keep the crowd down, nice try?

16. trap-guy

trap-guy Member

The wife and I shot there a year ago, and had a GREAT TIME.
    Good targets, plus we were treated like we were locals.
    I plan on attending one of their shoots this year.

17. WATER TANK

WATER TANK TS Member

i say you should call spear he lives in PA. and he can tell you all about the place the folks and the targets and how he was treated

18. 682LINY

682LINY Member

great people,, targets aint bad either,, met some real good people shooting there,,i am from NY but when ever south of the Mason-Dixon i stop by,,, and if your heading west from there ,, nice little club in Fairfield Glade,,about 120 miles west on I-40,,,blatent plug,, i am a member there

19. williamkelly

williamkelly Member

I need dir from gatinburg to club thanks bill kelly

20. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

on the interstate, take the 1st exit on I40 after the 81/40 split, turn left& go under the bridge , go about 2 miles , on the left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.