1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hodgdon reloading website has changed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Nice site.

Seems to me they should go get data after you've selected all your choices...

...And they've got some steel 1 oz loads listed. Looks like Universal Clays can be used for 1 oz steel and 1-1/8 oz lead. Thanks, Hodgdon! Been looking for 1 powder I can use for steel and lead.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hi Joe, It's REAL slow and clunky! I like the old charts better, but at least they seem to have all of their different brand's data in one place. I did notice that the old "Nitro" factory equivalents seem to be gone from the site. I might have to dig a bit further. I saved them some time ago, but can't send someone there anymore.

3. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Their web site has had that NEW look for months...and it hasn't gotten any faster even with all that practice.

Mike

4. joe kuhn

I thought it was slow myself, then I realized - these are reloading recipes - how fast does it need to be? Sql if blazing fast if done the right way. I can't imagine they have millions of records in their db, but even if they did, you can index and ... get it done...

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

wow

great site

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Joe Kuhn

It could be a LOT better! It shouldn't be that slooooooooowwwww! At least the data is still free, so if I were paying for it, I'd be more critical. They could default to "Lead" and leave the other options available and could actually "Save" your last search for you as a starting point.

7. joe kuhn

It is a pretty nice service. I appreciate it at whatever speed. How long does it take you to look up a recipe in one of their old books? The data is there, that's what's important so we can reload safely and shoot loads we like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.