1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hodgdon Clays So Hard To Find

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nsrailroad, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Checked a few major suppliers no one has any. What's the run on it?

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

My supplier ordered about 500 lbs. of powder, various makes. He got 4-8lb. kegs. Everything else was out of stock or sent somewhere else.

Wayne

3. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Pistols shooters use a lot of it in competition guns. Just about any pistol powder or rifle powder is hard to get but it is getting better.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Norfolk Southern Railroad (nsrailroad)- It takes a long time to ship the stuff from Australia. Clay Dot is easier to find and the N S Railroad line runs through the plant where Clay Dot is made. Coal shipments are down a lot so several empty cars will pass through the plant. I can put you in touch with a person if you would like a train car load of Clay Dot.

Pat Ireland

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Could I get the train instead?" "I'll need it for my clothes 'n things. Michelle O.

How's that election working out for ya?

"RECESSION, DEPRESSION? WHAT, MICHELLE WORRY?

July 7, 2009

by Dr. Paul L. Williams

"In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much," she said. "See, that's why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service, " Michelle Obama

No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn't perform any official duties. But this hasn't deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession. Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary.

How things have changed! If you're one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Miz Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:

1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)

2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)

3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)

4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)

5. Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)

6. $90,000 - Medina, David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)

7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)

8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)

9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)

10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)

11. Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)

12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)

13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)

14. Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)

15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)

16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)

17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)

18. Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)

19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)

20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)

21. Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)

22. Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)

There has never been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came from the President's own pocket.

Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe.

Copyright 2009 Canada Free Press.Com

(Yeah, I know, The Canadian Free Press has to publish this because the USA media is too scared they might be considered racist. Sorry America!) Thanks Moochie and Doug for e-mailing me this information.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All told, Michelle Obama's twenty attendants cost the taxpayers $1,256,700.00 per year. They also receive full medical coverage and the same benefits as those who work for the Defense Department. And what a surprise - not a word about this from the state-run Obama Fan Club media!"

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Actually, I believe the shortage is due, in part, to Alliant's aggressive marketing of Clay Dot, which was selling at the PA Grand for $80 an #8 jug. Why would anyone pay nearly $30 more for what everyone says is, for all intent and purposes, the same product? Not to mention, as previously told, you get a free, very nice, Clay Dot ball cap with every purchase. (while supplies last)...grin .....bust 'em all.....mike

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Pat, get with the program! Clay Dot is currently unavailable at many major distributors. The switch from Clays to Clay Dot by shooters precipitated this shortage!!

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

oleolliedawg- I have not seen a shortage of Clay Dot in my area.

Pat Ireland

9. 1oz

1oz Member

I have seen shortages of powder ,primers , bullets and reloading supplies . I was told yesterday that the manafactures have caused this because of the law that is soon to be brought up on having to record this supplies and if it passes supplies that has not been recorded will be destroyed or will have to be destroyed . Also heard that there is talk about personal ammo not regestered could be removed from your home . I hope this is alot of hog wash ,but it wouldnt surprise me 1 bit if true. Also heard its alot of unrest with government an civil up rise . This group in DC is scary.

10. larry byers

larry byers TS Member

Darn, wonder who she has in charge of the tolit paper? lwb

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Pat, if there isn't one there will be one shortly. Trust me!!

12. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I waited for 3+ months on a want list at my guy to get 8 lb. containers of Clays. When I went to pick it up the guys who had their names in got it and the supply of 8 lb. Clay Dot was gone also. I bought the Clay Dot the day my name went on the list. These products are going to follow the curve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.