1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hodgdon Clays Powders Update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Oregunner, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

According to the BPI website, there was a fire at the manufacturing plant and Clays powder won't be available until 2014. see link above. Mark

2. 548

548 Guest

Did you forget your earlier post?

Oregunner
    Date: Thu, May 30, 2013 - 12:39 PM ET

This is an internet rumor that got started, that I wasn't able to verify anywhere. You think that some news organization would have some kind of information on this, if it actually happened. It's amazing what people believe just from word of mouth. I heard it was an explosion set off by the government to destroy Obama's true birth certificate. Mark

PS. I just got off the phone with Mike at Hodgdon Powder, phone #913-362-9455, and he confirmed that there has been NO fires and that they running at full capacity. Mark

3. Oregunner

Now, I am able to verify it through Ballistic Products, and I really am not impressed with the way Hodgdon handled it. I plan on buying Alliant powders from now on. Mark

4. 548

548 Guest

So did you actually call Hodgdon? And did they lie to you? Inquiring minds want to know.

5. Oregunner

Yes, I called Hodgdon, talked to Mike, and also e-mailed Chris Hodgdon, and got an evasive response back from Chris. Mark

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Oregunner....So you still didn't get it from the horses mouth, you got it second hand, you still have no proof you can verify and you are going to quit using Clays because you think Hodgdon gave you the runaround.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Thank you, we now have something to talk about at the gun club. LOL LOL

7. Oregunner

Why would BPI publish it on their website, as a Hodgdon dealer, if it was still only a rumor? I consider BPI a well established company and will take their information as reliable. I also have two jugs of Alliant ClayDot being delivered from them on Monday. They said they had it in stock and they did!
    Glad I could give you something to talk about. Mark

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

9. Oregunner

Good political speak "temporary disruptions to powder supply" in ADI news release. This was on June 6th, back during the coverup. :) Mark

10. wackdux

wackdux TS Member

The fire was in the dryer that drys the Clays powder. And the parts needed to repair are not available anytime soon. My info is sometime after the first of the year.

Search tags for this page
fire at hodgdon plant
forum update on clays powder
hodgdon clays in stock

hodgdon clays powder in stock

hodgdon powder update
hogden powder update
update on clays powder