1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hoarding is Back!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomc66, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Looks like hoarding of ammo is back! Yesterday I was at my local Wal-Mart and they had no pistol or rifle ammo. Completely sold out.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I went to Dicks to see the empty gun racks.

There were guns and ammo, but a sign limiting ammo to 6 boxes a time because of heavy demand.

3. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pretty much the same where I live.

Too bad - this is a sign that the people absolutely DO NOT trust their Government. Me included.

Eric

4. ggenovez

ggenovez TS Member

Eric,

When DO people trust their government?

5. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

AND have you checked out the prices of AR15s and other evil black guns (EBGs)? Values have doubled and uppers and lowers are selling for well over what their value is. Better not say too much more or I'll be chastised again.

A mentally ill man and a ex-con, individuals that are not legally allowed to possess firearms, procure same and sickenly kill children and firemen going on horrific killing sprees and it causes a blitz by the media and a knee jerk reaction by politicians AND IT DRIVES UP GUN AND AMMO SALE! The killer gets immortalized, the networks get ratings and the politicians get camera time. The core issues never get addressed because they are difficult and today's politicians only know how to apply bandages to problems. the problem with bandaids these days is they are made in China too and they don't stay on for any length of time.

When the 2nd Amendment was written the seriously and/or violently mentally ill were not main streamed and murders didn't re-enter society. Core issues? The static objects or those who use them?

Yeh and my gun dealer was so backed up the other day with transfers that I couldn't get in to buy a K of Cheddites and a couple of pounds of powder. I hope nobody starts building pipe bombs or powder will dry up also.

One bad comment on our Society when we need armed guards and cops in our schools.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

It amazes me that one little word, "Ban", can create such panic, and miss conception, anywhere from not being able to sleep at night, to the U.S. Army storming your house to take either you, or your guns away. Reminds me of the doomsday preppers. At that point, does anything really matter!

7. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

I've ALWAYS kept a more then ample supply...if that makes me a hoarder....guilty!

8. oz

oz Active Member

get it while you can.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Uh where have you been? This has been happening ever since Obuma got back in. The CT shooting just gave it an extra push.

10. 97Fxds

97Fxds TS Member

I three weeks it will be powder and primers will be next.

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The crazy thing about this fear driven hoarding is that most of the guys doing the hoarding will never use the ammo they already have. Typically these are the one box a year shooters but for some reason they feel they need to be sitting on several thousand rounds of ammo just in case it gets banned. Crazy way to go through life.

12. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

223/5.56 ammo is scarce but Ive had no problem with other rifle ammo The walmart in my area has little to none but they never carried alot Im happy that I started hoarding brass powder and primers years ago Not to mention bullet moulds I have little faith im our government.

13. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

97Fxds, primers already in my area. I stopped by one of my local independent suppliers yesterday to get some rifle and pistol loading supplies. He would only sell me primers by the 100 box if I purchased bullets also. I then went to a local gun shop and they would sell by the thousand, but said everything they had on order was on backorder.Go figure.

Steve

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

So...buying 23 AR's in November may possibly be construed as "hoarding"....

or

When I sell 23 AR's in March for 100% more than I paid may that possibly be construed as a good business venture?

Just sayin'....

Curt

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Some guys hoard fine art, rare coins, vintage wine, sport cars, or more guns than they can shoot. What's wrong about a little surplus ammo?

In this day and age, anything could happen.

16. JH

JH Well-Known Member

It is simply capitalism at work for the "speculators." It happens with dry goods, agriculture, clothing, stocks, bonds, etc. when the demand is overwhelming, people "invest" (gouge) others.....have you ever tried to find a place to park during a concert, football game, etc and, did you get "gouged?"

The airlines and car rental companies double their prices during "peak" periods......consider this a PEAK period for people in the shooting sports....

17. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

Ive been seeing big interest from family types,yes,the whole family,coming into,and buying..

the fence sitters are coming off...

18. 97Fxds

97Fxds TS Member

"23 Ars for 100% profit in one month"

Thats mighty risky these days unless you have an FFL

19. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Oh well,,,,

20. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Talk about hoarding, the Government is buying 1.6 billion rounds of ammo for Homeland Security. Make ya wonder, don't it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.