1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HOA & POA ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Any body live in a community governed by a HOA or a POA? I had the misfortune of living in one for a few years. Biggest mistakke of my life. Neighbors being arrested by other neighbors. BOD running amok and spending dues on illegal cockamamy schemes.

Phil Berkowitz

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Phil,

I fail to make the connection between trapshooting and your thread.

I have been the president of the HOA, where I own two condo's, for almost 20 years. We have a healthy reserve, great landscaping, new roofs and a well thought of community (70 plus units). We have kept the dues low and monitored our management group carefully. It is not all bad.

Jon Schorle

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

This one is almost a mini Bell,Ca.--they hired a C/M with a criminal history--she has access to a POA credit card, can write checks with her signature alone.
    They have spent well over 100k (legal fees) pursuing the purchase of antiquating amenties. When all is done I'm willing to bet all 7 members of the BOD will do jail time at Club Fed.

Phil Berkowitz

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"I fail to make the connection between trapshooting and your thread."</i>

What's the beef? He didn't post it in the shooting section. Sheesh.

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

It is in the shooting section on my computer. It should at least be IDed as OT. At any rate, it is not related to the topic of this site, IMHO

JON

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Then you need to be in the Category View so it will be seen in the proper section.

If you are in the Non-Category View mode you defeat people putting off topic posts in their proper sections.

7. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Thank you Brian, I learned something new.

JON

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Power corrupts, absolute power absolutely corrupts!

Curt

9. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

OK, why would anyone want to live an a place where others can DICTATE what you can and cannot do?? I am guessing the could also ban gun ownership??

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

One POA/HOA has just banned motor vehicle older than 10 years-despite what condition---no collectibles.

Phil Berkowitz

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

HOAs have pluses and minuses, as with most things. I don't particularly like the concept but when you don't have one, some low-life or white trash type eventually makes you wish you did.

Let me give you a real-world example: I once owned a house in a nice neighborhood of mostly older folks. My wealthy semi-retired next-door neighbor owned several classic Mercedes convertibles from five consecutive years, from the late 50s thru the early 60s. His stunning cars were featured in parades where local news anchors and celebrities rode with him proudly waving to the crowd. He was a meticulous man whose tiled, heated, and air-conditioned garage was nicer than most people's livingrooms. Inexplicably, he also owned one of the biggest piece of sh!t beaters you could ever imagine -- an old 20-foot long Buick Electra 225, rusted from front to back. And it leaked oil to boot. Guess where he parked it? Yep -- right in front of my house, 7 days a week. I lived next to him for 4 years and never saw it on his property once. Nobody even seemed to know it was his, except me. We had never had any trouble with each other so I started out being nice about it. I tried everything with this A-Hole from subtle hinting, to politely asking him to move or get rid of it, to shame, and finally to outright confrontation and threats of legal action. Nothing worked. He had no reason whatsover to own this enormous junker except spite. And why he parked it excusively in front of my house I never understood. The police and the city said there was nothing they could do about it -- as long as the car didn't sit for 24 hours it was perfectly legal. They said the only thing I could do was park all my vehicles on the street to "block" him. The cops would chalk his tires for me and 23-1/2 hours later he would drive around the block and park it 12 inches from where it was before. One day a group of old ladies got together and came over to conduct an intervention of sorts on me. They informed me that they were "embarrased" that "my" junk car sat in the street 24 hours a day and brought down the value and enjoyability of their homes and neighborhood. That did it. In desperation I resorted to street-justice tactics, the details of which I can't reveal here. Let's just say that the cost of owning his Buick suddenly escalated beyond what he was willing to pay.

So, after that experience, I'm very happy to live in a subdivision with a HOA.

-Gary

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I wondered where you were coming from JON. too funny. It is something a lot of people do not seem to realize. Always nice to learn new things

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.