1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HK SR-9 value help

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by bigbore613, Jun 3, 2013.

1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

Looking to help a friend sell a HK SR-9 locally. It is excelent shape About 200 rds fired.Has the HK claw mount and bipod.Aouple 20 mags and a 5. Any help appreciated. Jeff in VA

2. smith44

smith44 TS Member

0   0   0

is this gun a 223 or 308 and does it come with a scope. what would he want to sell it for,

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

The gun is .308 no scope. Jeff

4. smith44

smith44 TS Member

0   0   0

My buddy is offering 500 bucks for it

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Your buddy better get off the drugs.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

smith69 , you want the claw mount and bipod ? Jeff

7. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

No one else is chiming in with a $ amount, so I will try to help. I have a lot of HK firearms and have had a HK93, MP5 at one time. I believe the SR9s came along after they banned the 93/91 models from importation due to the flash hider. As such, I do not know what the desirability of the gun is and how many were imported. Condition of the gun is important. If the claw mount was attached, it leaves marks on the weapon at the attach point. That detracts from the value. I would guess that this model would sell close to the same as the HK91, which was and is fairly common- around $2500 to $3500 depending on condition and accessories. Mags are interchangeable with the 91, I believe. One important piece of the puzzle for your friend is this. If he wants to sell it, he will have the easiest time by putting it on Sturmgewehr. com. Google it. Best place to sell this type of gun. Word of warning. Be careful in posting and read ALL the rules. Buddy is the owner/moderator of the site and he is springloaded to deleting any posts that do not follow his rules. Potential scams are often exposed by him as well- a good thing! Now, stand back and hopefully this post will spur some others who have more knowledge about this gun to refute or add to this post. Good luck!

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Now there is someone a little more realistic. This rifle was a sporting version of the Military HK91. If my memory serves me right, it came out in the late 80's early 90's time frame. While some will call it "rare" to describe the SR-9, I like the term "less common" better when referring to these. These hold higher value than the average HK91. As always, condition is everything when speaking value.