1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HK P7 9mm F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by DB Bill, Jul 18, 2013.

1. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The safest concealed carry pistol around - and a great shooter to boot.

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I had one and my wife did not have the hand strength to
    squeeze the safety off.

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Why is this gun any safer than an XDS, which has a grip safety, trigger safety like a Glock and is DA

Phil Berkowitz

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Thats why I carry an XDS--no external safety to mess with--hold it and pull the trigger--its dead accurate under 10 yds.

Phil Berkowitz

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

I own a P7 but I don't think its the"Ideal" home defense gun. My reason is the trigger. Yes... it has no safety because one is not needed but once you squeeze it you are standing there with a 3-4 pound trigger pull which is bad. When you pull a gun on someone the adrenaline is really pumping the last thing you need is a hair trigger. You are much better off with a DA pull on something like a Sig or Beratta or one of the newer Glock type systems.

T

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

George, I think you're talking about the later P7M8 with double magazine release behind trigger guard.

The P7M8 also has a plastic heat shield above the trigger.

stevew_2008_030336.jpg

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    HK P7's are not my cup of tea. Yeah, they're quite accurate, but I keep forgetting to squeeze the grip! Doh! I went with a Walther P-5 Compact instead. If you're not a putz and can remember to squeeze the grip, they're a nice pistol.

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

C.E.:

I'm wondering why you include the word "Lugar" in the thread title ?

I cannot find a description of the P7 anywhere that includes that designation. I don't think H&K ever made what we commonly call a "Luger".

Honestly, I am not trying to be argumentative; just wonder what you gain by that?

Very nice P7. If it were priced more at a market level, I might be interested.

Gene in Illinois

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

No need to get snotty, C.E. Lightly used P7s are selling for less then $1400 on the HKPro website and Gunsamerica. Market value appears to be between $900 and $1000 + shipping.

Sorry if I offended you. You can ask what ever price you wish. IMO and based on surfing the web, $1400 might be a starting price for a NEW P7, but it's above market for a used one. Even 100 rounds makes it used.

I've owned a couple P7s and never saw the "Lugar" / Luger designation anywhere. I have seen 9x19 Parabellum. H&K did license the production of the P7 (aka PSP) to a Greek and a Mexican manufacturer. As far as I can tell, neither of those companies used the "Lugar" / Luger designation. The pistol, or variants, has been used by police and security forces around the world and it is a fine firearm.

I hope you get your asking price.

Gene in Illinois

10. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

the P7 is nice. I had one of the first ones long ago. It is a gun you have to get used to though. fine gun. I have an XDS and it is not double action. It is more like the glocks and has a grip safety too. it too is a fine gun.

11. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Well, if you don't sell it here, you might find a larger number of potential buyers on HKPro. They are also more knowledgeable about the P7.

Good luck.

Gene in Illinois