1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HiViz Competition Fiber Optic Sights?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by truthseeker, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

I am wondering if anyone has this model PM1002 and what is the best way to install them?

Thanks!

Here is the link to the one I bought

http://www.amazon.com/HiViz-Competition-Fiber-Optic-Sight/dp/B0002INN4A

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

That's simple. I have that exact sight on my Beretta. You unscrew the front bead and then find the screw with the same thread and it will hold the new sight on. The package should come with an assortment of screws to fit your gun.
    [​IMG]

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

When these sights were supplied to Browning as original equipment on the XTs and Citoris, there was an extra nub on the rib and a recess in the underside of the sight body to prevent the sight from turning around the screw.

Since the aftermarket sights don't seem to have that feature you might want to put a dab of black RTV on the underside of the sight body opposite the screw, tighten the sight, check the alignment, remove the excess RTV and let it cure before using it.

Keller

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Good idea Keller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hiviz competition trap