1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hitch hiking

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

When was the last time you saw a hitch hiker? I remember when that was a good way to get around in the 70's and part of the 80's. Now, I have not seen one for years. How about your area?

2. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Seem them every day. That and beggers. Ithaca,ny

3. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I used to hitch-hike a lot in my college days (late '60's) when I had no wheels. We were all much more trusting of our fellow man in those days (all that 'Age of Aquarius' BS). I stopped picking up hitch-hikers after a hippie-type tried (unsuccessfully) to run off with some cash from my center console.

Nowadays, here in eastern Massachusetts, hitch-hikers are rare.

LA in MA

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

At first I thought that someone was hitch-hiking to the grand. Break-em all. Jeff

5. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Saw 1 south of Nashville yesterday, sitting under a bridge..

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I saw one on Highway 63 headed North yesterday. Probably trying to make it to Iowa, God's country. lol

I used to do a lot of hitchhiking in my younger day.

The longest being............I hitchhiked from Alabama to Iowa when I was in the service back in 1957.

I sure wouldn't do it now. To many crazies out there.

Hauxfan!

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Well-Known Member

I remember hitch hiking to the Boys club in Pittsburgh. I was about 13 it was about 10 blocks away. A guy waved me over to give me a ride, I thought. When I grabbed the lever to open the door a big assed dog jumped up off the seat and tried to bite my arm off. Scared the $hix out of me. Rotten Bastxxx sat ther laughing his Axx off. Bulge.

8. JTEA

JTEA Member

Saw a ragged (dirty and long hair) male and female couple begging for money at the intersection leading into Wal-Mart east of Lancaster, PA this week. Sign stated they were traveling and needed help. Plenty of farms within walking distance, I imagine they did not ask to shovel crap for some cash.

JT

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I would say you would have to be just about out of your mind to pick up a hitch hicker now days.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I used to hitch hike home on leave with my seabag and uniform on. It was always easy to get a ride in uniform. I would not touch a hitchiker today but if they were in uniform I would stop. Just dont see it anymore. I was hitching from Camp Lejuene to Ft Wayne Indiana once and an elderly WW11 vet picked me up ( 1962) He took me to an airport and bought my ticket home. We kept in touch until he died a few years later. Military vets are good people who look out for each other. I was a Marine and he was Army but it made no difference to him or I. His son calls me now and then. Never forget the ride to the airport, he had a 1960 Caddy - cool car

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I saw one about 3 weeks ago on an I-70 ramp here in Kansas. He looked ok, dressed well, etc, with a backpack. He stared us down when we didn't stop and turned to watch us all the way until we merged on the freeway.

He surely couldn't have expected that a woman with two elderly passengers would pick him up and give him a ride...no matter how good he looked.

Women won't pick up hitchhikers of any gender. How many of you guys, however, would pick up a hot lookin' girl in short shorts if she were hitchin' a ride?

12. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

wouldn't stop for one Curvy, but maybe for two....;<)

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Now recurvy, we men don't judge a person by their appearance. I'm taken aback by your suggestion that we would be more likely to give a ride to one woman over another based on looks.

It's what's in a person heart and mind that we judge. LOL

You believe that, don't you?

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yep, this could happen to YOU!

Police: Naked New Mexico Hitchhiker Burned Prosthetic Leg With Crack Pipe

Published July 28, 2010

LAS CRUCES, N.M. -- A New Mexico man who investigators say set his prosthetic leg on fire with a pocketed crack pipe has been arrested.

Deputies say they found 47-year-old Randy Malone naked along U.S. 70 with his prosthetic right leg in flames on July 5. He was treated for burns to his leg, back and buttocks.

A witness later told authorities he agreed to give Malone a ride into Las Cruces, but dropped him off after the passenger lit a crack pipe inside the vehicle.

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

LMBO@ Frank and Bisi...hahahhaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.