1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

History of TMX Special

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1moreround, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Where does one go to learn of the productions years and quantities of this model. Did they make this model with factort adjustable combs and screw in factory chokes or were they all fixed choke guns.

2. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The DB81 was introduced in 1981 as basically an MX8 with a high fixed rib. About the same time the high rib was put on the single barrel TM1 and it was called the TMX. I use the proof date codes on the underside of the monobloc for the date. My TMX and my MX3 have code 'AI' which means the barrels were proof tested in 1982. The TMX Special is the same gun with an adjustable LOP trigger. My TMX has factory screw in choke tubes. I still use the non adjustable factory montecarlo stock with a soft sorbothane kickeez cheek pad to raise the POI.

4. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Thanks for the info Mike. Mine is marked "AT" with a fixed choke. Did the later models have the screw ins? 1moreround

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Factory screw in choke tubes were an option. Mine was made in 1982 and has screw in chokes, yours 'AT' was made in 88 and has a fixed choke.

6. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Thanks for the info Mike...Ernie

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

TMX started '81, "Special" models started '88.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.