1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hispanics

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by WS-1, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Which GOP Presidential hopeful is most likely to curry favor with the Hispanic American voting block?

2. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

newt and paul

3. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

How long before the USA has two official languages? One being spanish...

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

They currently all are. Doesn't the lack of enforcing the immigration laws say anything to you?

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Any candidate going to the Nov. 2012 election will need to go after those votes. Likes to Shoot has the bona fide.

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I guess I posed the question incorrectly. Allow me to try again. Which one of our brave, stalwart, lily white, principled wannabees would crawl on his back over broken glass and buzzard's puke to garner enough of the Hispanic vote to win the nomination?

7. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

If you have lived in the Southwest for any length of time, you know Spanish has always been in the background. Now that they (Spanish-speakers) are beginning to outnumber English speakers, Spanish is moving back to the forefront. That's right, moving back. Before WWII it was the majority language in the Southwest. Then as people left the rustbelt and moved to the west coast during the war, English became the majority language. Now it's moving back. It is a cycle, nothing more.

8. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

There is nothing wrong with legal hispanic American citizens. I know and work with thousands of them. They go to church and school with me and my kids, many shoot trap and skeet, hunt and fish, do sports, work and pay taxes, obey the laws, they are neighbors & great friends, there is no discrimination,

in fact, ... I cannot think of one that does not have English as a second language.. if not as their one and only language.

So, what is this division... ?

that a candidate or politician, or even us American citizens can't address this destructive illegal border-breaking of mexicans, and dozens of other nationalities if you know your facts.... without losing the "hispanic vote"?

What is the disconnect.

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

WS-1,

Two tries, and yet you still didn't ask the right question.

Hispanics are largely irrelevant to getting the nomination.

The Presidency...that's a different matter.

10. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Ah, Grasshopper............

11. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I would like to see a Newt & Rubio ticket!! My first choice was the Hermanator but the Racist machine in DC and his state owned attack media has I'm afraid lynched any hope for that to happen?

12. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

omgb, great point. Most of the southwestern US was Spanish held for 400 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.