1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

His Lordship is back for more money from the serfs

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  2. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Who said he wasn't going to get any work done while we're paying him to hang out in Hawaii..??
    I suppose all the whiz-bang economic experts couldn't see this tiny 2 TRILLION shortfall coming a week ago when Congress was still in session. Just kind of "popped up" outta nowhere...CONVENIENTLY while everyone is on vacation.
    Sweet...

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Stash must be running low.

4. oz

oz Active Member

he will be asking for more as soon as he can figure what comes after a trillion. oz

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Money from the serfs? Not hardly. He's asking to borrow more money. I don't think serfs have much money to loan.

And he must get permission from Congress to borrow that money. Lords don't need permission.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hey, he thinks he rolled the TP freshmen on the tax cut extension - why not try for more?

This is the time to write your TP freshman, if you're lucky enough to be represented by one, and give them some encouragement and resolve to stand up to the assault. Tell them we don't want them to govern, we don't want them to make the gears of the train run smoother - we want them to STOP the f'er, by throwing sand in the gears or whatever, so it can be turned in the other direction.

If Obama loses the Senate, in addition to the House (and it looks like he should) - he will be able to do NOTHING in his second term, outside appointing judges and harassing us with temporary regulations the next President can undo.

Stand fast, peeps...we're in this for the long haul.

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Here is a graph that shows exactly what Rick is talking about. What I can see, Obama has not added as much to the deficit as people think. We are still adding much more through the Bush/Cheney policies still in tact. He has not had the chance to change since the Republicans took over the House. I guess it depends on which side your on, or if your in the middle, as to what you see. Copy and paste the link to the address bar, as it is to long to fit the URL section. Read the comments also.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/obamas-and-bushs-effect-on-the-deficit-in-one-graph/2011/07/25/gIQAELOrYI_blog.html

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Mr. Skeet, what's the name of the white's only trap club you claim exists? Apparently you can't back up your claim. This affects the credibility of anything else you post, especially after your John Birch debacle.

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The new debt seiling limit is AUTOMATIC! Yes, there are a couple of procedural niceties needed to make it all legal BUT the measure was already passed when the Congress raised it the last time. Now all Obama needs to do is ask Congress to approve it. If they refuse, he vetoes their refusal (exactly the opposite of the way things should work) and it becomes law AUTOMATICALLY! Welcome to the new era in America when the Constitution means NOTHING!

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

If this clown gets reelected then in 5 years we are probably looking at a debt of 22, 23, Trillion.

Think about that if interest rates get anywhere near their normal level. 5% paying T bills will be 1.2 Trillion a year of interest payments in the budget. 10% interest - 2.3 Trillion. There will be no money left for anything else.

Any yeah Bush spent too much, but this clown Obama makes him look like a piker.

If Ron Paul would just pledge to protect this country from a foreign attack or terroism he would probably get my vote. We can't screw around with this spending anymore. Paul wants to cut a Trillion a year NOW!

11. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Bisi, it seems as though you have seen the light regarding usury. (sorry bout that) Now you need to know that Chairsatan Bernanke is buying the treasury bonds with money the fed creates with the stroke of a pen. One could say we are expected to pay off the treasury notes - with interest.

Rick Barker, You could wrap your brain around the problem more effectively if you come to the understanding that both partys are as one. They all know the jig is up.

12. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

I'll take that as a 'yes'.

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I'd take a "Duh" as a Duh, not a yes.

14. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

But banks and bondholders are not allowed to lose money anymore, right? Even if they’re the ones who inflated bond prices to begin with, and even if they’re the one’s whose balance sheets are presently underwater due to their own stupidity. So, we have to change the whole system to accommodate them, which is why their agents–like Draghi–occupy all the positions of power, so reckless speculators won’t have to suffer the consequences of their poor choices.

This is what we’re up against; a small group of obscenely rich people who have totally rigged the system and who are grabbing more and more of the wealth for themselves while they preach austerity to everyone else.

Even so, it’s pretty amazing when people get ripped-off for $600B and it doesn’t even make the headlines.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2011/12/28/the-600-billion-ripoff/

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I agree with tinfoilman's incoherent rants 100%.

16. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

15 trillion 136 billion etc. etc.

Your move Galt.

17. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Make sure that only fully legal citzens can vote, then disallow any wards of the state from voting. If you cannot be productive enough to pay taxes you have no vested interest in the economic system. Eliminate the welfare vote and you will get your country (and maybe even your streets and maybe even some of your hard earn weath) back. What we have now is irresponsible children deciding how mom and dads money gets spent. I know I sound harsh, but these are tough times, and when the credit ballon we are floating on cannot support any more dead weight, we ALL crash.

18. Stl Flyn

Hmm,

Seems to me that the Conservatives in the country of Spain know what needs to be done in a recession. If this country would have done the same, I feel that this country would be heading in the right direction by now. The deficit would not be growing. Cutting spending AND RAISING TAXES, on the people that can afford it for two years. Evidently, greed and ignorance is not as rampant there as here in this country.

If you increase spending (Wars), and cut taxes (Tax Cuts), at the same time you increase the deficit at twice the rate. Why is this so hard to admit?

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Some people do not know the difference between the deficit and the national debt. If you are one of these you should refrain from commenting.

Yes, Education. DOE started by Carter, has not improved our students but somehow sucks up almost a trillion. And has helped college tuitins' astronomical increase.

Barker, I don't see a lot of government expense in your chart. Government employees have been the largest increase in jobs in our economy since His Majesty got in.

Sickening.

HM

20. Stl Flyn

How about an explanation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.