1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hillbilly HOF

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by short shucker, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Well, I just wonder how the NASCAR fans are going to react to the snubbing of some the greats.

1st year inductee's;

David Pearson "NO"

Benny Parsons "NO"

Cale Yarlbrough (sp?) "NO"

Fireball Roberts "NO"

The Wood Bros (either one or both) "NO"

Ned Jarret "NO"

I guess they have plenty to induct over the course of time.

ss

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they didn't start with, say 20 inductees, then only add one or two in the following years. All the big dogs are in, no hard feelings.

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

You all think that it should be like PC, liberals would do it, making everyone a winner, no score keeping, everyone gets a passing grade?

Maybe us hillbilly's don't have a problem with how it was done.

Richard Petty commented Monday about how people complained about the rules change (The Chase) and said that out of his 7 Championships there were 4 differant points systems used. "If you know the rules going in, it's fair to all that raced."

It's not just about the drivers, it's about the history.

BTW. I took a hard hat tour of the hall this past Saturday. It will be a great thing for NASCAR and Charlotte.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Induct Obama...

He saw a race car once!

Curt

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am a hillbilly ( and proud of it) and I could care less as long as they are all on the same playing field

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Another HOF moment this evening.

Kasey Kahne is driving a Petty Blue #43 Camry, yes I said Camry, in the Nationwide race tonight.

ss

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Short Shuck I just ate, that comment just about made me chuck it up. IF there is one place in the universe that PC needs to stay out of it's Nascar but it's too late. I like racing but watching it now leaves me cold, overpaid jockeys that most of them couldn't even change the plug on one of their cars all parading around the track in the exact same car. Dirt is the only stock car racing left.

It is pure sacrilege not to have Fireball in the HOF. Talk about a guy who lived up to his name, poor guy.

And David Pearson not in....arghh

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I first started reading NASCAR race reports in Motor Trend in 1959...and I've been a loyal fan watching races TV ever since they first got broadcast live on CBS...but this year with the engines from all 3 manufacturers having nothing in common with any production engine for the first time in NASCAR history and act the cars all look like 1954 Plymouth Savoy 2 door sedans...and the fact there are no more "characters" among the drivers because NASCAR,AKA the France family, won't allow it....I just don't give a $hit about it any more...it's BORING!!!!

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Silver bullet, I'm with you on this. I can remember watching Fireball Roberts at the little half mile dirt track in Waycross, Ga. He was a treat to watch and won more often than not. I can still see him in my mind in that 60 or 61 Pontiac tearing up Daytona. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.