1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hillary's End-run on Gun Control......

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bgf, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgf

bgf Active Member

Omamafurher will use the Vienna Convention to ratify Gun Control if re-elected. A must see by Dick Morris.

Mash on the link,

Bernie

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

And they will not have to use Congress to get permission. All Harry Ried has to do is delay the vote and they win by default. Mike.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Are you sure of that? the sea treaty is dead because Reid knows he doesn't have the 66 votes to pass it, so it's not going to be voted on.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

TOOLMAKER, click on the video with dick Morris he explains it very well. No Senate approval. Mike.

5. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Mike is right. Everyoun needs to watch the video above. I contacted both of my senators, but I guess it didn't matter. I always knew B Hussein wanted gun control in the worst way, I just didn't know it would be this easy for him. Wisconsin state shoot starts for me tomorrow. The following week, trapshooting is second, paying attention is first. I have a friend that owns a gun shop.I will keep in contact with him and find out what he is hearing as far as any changes in his rules or procedures, specifically from BATF. I will keep everyone posted.

6. TOOLMAKER 251

Now read this article from Newsmax and go down to "if it went to a vote" Why would this treaty differ from the att treaty?

7. bgf

bgf Active Member

Am I having a senior moment? What has LOST got to do with this thread?

Bernie

8. TOOLMAKER 251

As it was stated above, if Reid does not bring the ATT treaty to a vote then it supposedly becomes law, but Demint said the sea treaty is a dead issue because they don't have enough votes. So why wouldn't Reid delay the sea treaty vote?

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Banning millions of firearms is one thing.

Collecting them all is another.

It has been estimated that less than 10% to 20% of the grandfathered semi-autos on the ban list in California were registered. Where are the other 80% to 90%?

11. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

A rather gruff, to put it mildly, old farmer in our small city, is really fired-up about gun control and confiscation.

He asked the Sheriff face-to-face, that if a confiscation law was passed, would he order his deputies to go around and confiscate guns, and which one would he send to his house?

The Sheriff said NO, very quickly, because he could not replace deputies as fast as this farmer could shoot them!

I think both were dead serious on their intent, and I'm SURE the old farmer is.

I know it's not the right approach, but I admire the old farmer for his beliefs, and he added he was too old for a lot of things, but NOT too old to fight to the death for his freedom.

He said" I had to do it once,( WW II ) and I'll do it again if necessary!"

The sad state of our America!

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

"As it was stated above, if Reid does not bring the ATT treaty to a vote then it supposedly becomes law, but Demint said the sea treaty is a dead issue because they don't have enough votes. So why wouldn't Reid delay the sea treaty vote?"

But weren't we told of how great a "gun supporter" he was in 2010?????

13. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

OOOOHH!!! Make sure you'all call your senators, right away!!

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Global Gun Control Threat »How To Beat UN Gun Control

By Dick Morris on July 19, 2012

As we face the prospect that Hillary Clinton will sign the Arms Trade Treaty, establishing first-ever UN gun controls, those of us who believe in the Second Amendment need to gear up for a tough battle this fall.

But there is a good prospect of victory.

We have to realize that once the ink is dry on Hillary’s signature, there are only two ways to beat the Treaty and its threat of UN imposed gun control – take back the Senate or beat Obama.

The fact that the NRA has succeeded in getting fifty-eight Senators to sign on opposing the Treaty is irrelevant. If Harry Reid won’t bring it up on the floor, it won’t get a vote. And, in the absence of Senate disapproval or a renunciation by the president, the United States is bound by the Treaty under the provisions of the Vienna Convention which we have both signed and ratified.

Nor will the Second Amendment offer us any protection. The Supremacy Clause in our own Constitution provides that treaties are the “law of the land” akin to a constitutional provision.

The answer is to beat Obama and give the Republicans a majority in the Senate. Either will suffice to kill the Treaty. A Republican majority leader would certainly bring the Treaty up for a vote and it would certainly be defeated, ending its power over the U.S. and a President Romney will doubtless renounce the Treaty on taking office.

15. bgf

bgf Active Member

See my thread titled 'How To Beat UN Gun Control' penned by Dick Morris.

These threads seem redundant but this issue is in crisis mode...JMHO

Bernie

16. atra_service

atra_service TS Member

Whats the best way to contact my senator??

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Call his office. Some of them ignore E mails. Mike.

18. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

This mass shooting in Aurora CO early this morning is going to fuel this issue.

19. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

If it happens that Reid does not bring a to a vote on the floor of the Senate AND if by not doing so that the treaty would take effect, you can blame the NRA who backed Reid for re-election in 2010 Talk about uninteneded consequences!!!!

20. Barrelbulge(Fl)

birdogs, that is really ironic. If they would have supported the opposition he would not have won the election. All for a shooting facility in Las Vegas. Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.