1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hilighting Read Threads with windows 8???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by E. Beaver, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

I have a new computer with windows 8 and use mazola firefox as a browser.

Previously with windows XT after I read a thread it was highlighted so I could tell what I have read.

How do I highlight the threads with windows 8?

Charlie

2. dhip

dhip Active Member

I don't have a smart phone,and after seeing my wife's new computer with windows 8.I probably won't get one in the near future.I don't understand the app format and it drives me nuts just trying to do the simplest thing.Love my XP,and was wondering if windows 7 is nearer to xp or 8?Good luck,time to go back in time for me I guess.

Doug H. (pa)

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I wish I could help.

You are a braver man than me, with the windows 8. I went to best buy and staples to get a new laptop, of course all they had was windows 8 machines. Both of the stores had salesmen that were all excited about touching the screen to go to twitter and facebook. Neither of them seemed able to make the windows 8 machines do anything else.
    Windows 7 runs just like XP, I didn't have to change anything.

I found a place called "Tiger Direct" online that has a bunch of left over windows 7 machines. I got a brand new windows 7 HP machine with a lot of features for $425 shipped. Like I say, I am old fashioned, and "new improved" that makes things harder for me is just not appreciated.

I hope you get it figured out, good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.