1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hiking the Appalachian Trail

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 548, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 548

548 Guest

South Carolina Republican Mark Sanford was elected to the United States House of Representatives last night in a special election.

Sanford was the Republican Governor of South Carolina when for six days in June of 2009 he went AWOL. Yes, the Republican Governor of the state of South Carolina absconded from the most important job in the state for a week. His spokes people said he was "Hiking the Appalachian Trail". We now know he was on a booty call in Argentina while his wife sat in South Carolina.

I would be embarrassed to call myself a South Carolinian today.

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Is that because Minnesotans prefer their elected officials who stick their legs out from under restroom stalls at airports?

3. 548

548 Guest

Likes2shoot -- You are referencing another Republican politician. Senator Larry Craig from the state of Idaho, not Minnesota. It was a bunch of adept Minnesotans that brought the incident to light.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Z....but he was in the wrong bathroom...lol

Craig might have been from Idaho but he knew where to look......;-)

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'd be embarrassed to call myself a Minnesotan with the Libtard State Trooper Badge #548 they have.

6. 548

548 Guest

What Clinton did was wrong, and inexcusable. No other way to put it.

I take comfort in knowing he got back to running the country after his fifteen minute break though.

7. 548

548 Guest

Correct Rick. Sanford's infidelity and abuse of public trust was only part of Sanford's story. The bigger issue is his absconding from his duties for 6 days while not even in country, and by all accounts, leaving nobody in charge. That is the inexcusable, and actually should be criminal, in my opinion.

8. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I'd be much more embaressed had I voted for or supported a Democrat! I was in Savannah last week and saw the Dem. commercial using the Army Major to shill for the Dems, made me want to barf.

I'm glad he won. Plus the girl he had the fling with was Hot!

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The slick willie student won over the "Mug Shot" liberal.

The lame stream media tried their best to keep it hid, but it came out in the last couple of days!!!

Sanford couldn't HIDE his failure, The liberal Dem did as her fearless leader has done, tried to HIDE her's.

Sorry 548, no banana today!

10. 548

548 Guest

timberfaller, I wish you would be able to translate some of those thoughts you have into comprehendable groupings of words that make sense. In other words, wtf are you talking about?

11. 548

548 Guest

I will agree there Rick. Votes are often not cast FOR a candidate, instead they are cast AGAINST a candidate.

12. timberfaller

Its called HISTORY 548,

or better yet, keeping ones eye and ears open to WHAT is going on!!

Are you saying your clueless?

I know a lot of people know what is "referenced" to about the "Mug Shot"

How do you get a Mug Shot any way? Is there a secret to getting one?

13. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

If Sanford had not screwed up so badly, I think he might have given Romney a run for the nomination.

14. timberfaller

Found the mug shot again, the voters selected the lesser of two divorcee's!!

What could a women do to get a mug shot during her divorce???

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Anyone notice how Badge 548 cherry picks his facts?

This Barney Fife lemon posts wailing over Mark Sanford's marital indiscretion, yet not a peep from him about Elizabeth Colbert Busch being jailed for contempt during her divorce.

16. 548

548 Guest

Actually Brian, I couldn't care less about the infidelity. Reading my posts in their entirety will show that. My issue with Sanford is his dereliction of duty. Six days in Argentina and from the reports I've seen and read, nobody knew where he was or who was in charge. At some point his spokes people decided to say he was hiking. LoL

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

I frankly wish all politicians would take a hike. But among other things, 548 is also a little selective in his recollection of Clinton's "fifteen minutes" of indiscretion...because he had considerably longer than that to consider how he was going to lie in his Grand Jury deposition.

"Hiking" doesn't get you disbarred.

Getting some mud for your turtle doesn't get you disbarred.

Wagging your finger in the American public's face, and saying, "Now I want you to listen to me, and listen good..."...doesn't get you disbarred.

But lying to Grand Juries duly seated, is another matter.

18. 548

548 Guest

Guilty as charged! I think Clinton was an incredibly effective President that had a tremendous impact on Americans. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's my opinion.

Of course I carefully select the facts I post. That's how you make your side look better than the other side in a game where both sides are flush with crooks. And of course, bickering back and forth is why we visit these silly threads, isn't it?

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    548, well at least you have the honesty to admit it, so that's a plus. Still, it lacks a certain amount of credibility when you do that. For example, Snoops has lost credibility because they are notorious for cherry picking facts. To the point where any conclusion they come to needs to be verified elsewhere.

20. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

when will we learn to ignore the trolls...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.