1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HIGHER SCORES WITH FLATTER RIB

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ride Easy, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ride Easy

Ride Easy TS Member

I've shot guns with all types of ribs and personally the flat rib has always treated me much better than the high ribbed guns. That is not to say I don't shoot well with a high rib. Actually, I'm an excellent shot with either one. However, I am able to get into the flat rib and focus entirely on the target. The target, the gun, and me, that's all there is........nothing else.

The high rib gun usually fits me better. My head is up where the big dogs say it's supposed to be. I can see everything that's going on. Now, that's real nice......IF you want to see everything that's going on. But I don't! All I want to see is the target and I see it better and break more birds with the flat rib.

Ride Easy

2. jimx200

jimx200 Member

The flat rib style was/is a favorite of Dan Bonillas, so there is something to your theory. I prefer a "flat" rib like on the 870's and 1100's. Even my Beretta Parallel Trap is a flat style and I have shot some perfect scores with both. Like you, I have also shot well with a higher style (Zoli trap with high rib), but would drop 2-3 targets when it was windy and I shot over the top of a flat target caused by a following wind. The high rib guys usually have a tougher time when shooting sporting clays or skeet even when switching to a flat rib gun...they want to see more bird and shoot over the top.

3. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Good for you. Did I need to know that? I prefer a high rib. Post-2

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Whatever trips your trigger!

Hauxfan!

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Glad you found something that works for you!

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.